Associate VFX Supervisor
London, United Kingdom
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Serves as “right hand” to VFX Supervisor on assigned show with regards to show leadership, methodology and crewing as well as client management, as needed. Responsible for a body of work on a show such as a particular ILM studio or outsourced work. Responsible for collaborating with Producer and show leadership to deliver the show on time and on budget.
• In collaboration with VFX Supervisor and Producer, sets up show including pipeline and methodology decisions, in concert with the DPS.
• Collaborates with Producer to assign crew to show and cast crew.
• Maintains constant communication with VFX Supervisor on location to understand progress on set and changes that will affect body of work.
• May start early shot production, overseeing asset build, look development and/or effects development while principal photography is in progress.
• Responsible for leading crew when VFX Supervisors is on location. Runs dailies, gives crew direction on shots and assets, aesthetic direction and feedback.
• Serves as key creative in bid meetings.
• Develops methodology and approach to show, including how to get work completed efficiently and within show budget; making determinations about where to distribute the work
• May cover 2nd unit or relieve VFX Supervisor on location
• Supervises assigned body of work, provides feedback to artists
• In collaboration with VFX Supervisor and Producer, develops and executes production plan
• On occasion and with approval from VFX Supervisor, may present VFX work to client, with guidance from the VFX Supervisor.
• On occasion, may be required to perform hands-on shot work on show
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site