Senior Software Engineer - Live Stream Orchestration
San Francisco, CA
• Integration of user-facing elements with server side logic
• Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
• Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
• Implementation of security and data protection
• Creating data models that represent and support business processes
• Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
• Working knowledge of Node.js frameworks
• Real world experience with Vue.js, React, Flux, etc
• Experience implementing user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
• Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
• Comfortable working with Git.
• Working knowledge of AWS
• Computer science/engineering degree --or-- equivalent experience is preferred
• A reliable team player who values the way we work as well as what we work on
• Is an excellent and open communicator (verbally, in writing, thru documentation, thru code comments, in status updates, ticket comments, diagrams, etc.)
• An optimistic, ''can do'' kind of person who also knows when (and how) to say ''no''
• Comfortable working on semi remote, and with globally distributed, teams
• Well versed in Agile principles, values, and ceremonies
• Accountable, with self and others, and can help the team push forward thru ambiguity while staying positive and having fun
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.