Creative Lead, Digital Experiences
New York, NY
Content Programmer (Soccer) - Bleacher Report
Bleacher Report, a WarnerMedia company, makes it as easy as possible to be a sports fan by defining the moments that matter. Empowering, personal and community driven, its vision for making sports bigger than the game has led to unmatched engagement on social media, where it consistently ranks as the No. 1 digital and social brand. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through its unparalleled app experience. This year Bleacher Report was ranked as one of the 'World's Most Innovative Companies' by Fast Company.
Find Bleacher Report on the web at www.bleacherreport.com and on Instagram @BleacherReport. Bleacher Report is a division of Turner Sports.
We're looking for a sports fanatic and culture junkie who knows how to find and distribute engaging sports content. Take a look at our homepage, app, social media channels and newsletters for examples of the types of content we try to surface and package. Bleacher Report's programming team works virtually around the clock to give a fresh and unique look to sports fans wherever they consume content. To ensure that Bleacher Report provides the best user experience across platforms, Bleacher Report's programmers' responsibilities include: distributing breaking news, distributing internal/external content, creating social media posts, posting highlights, writing hooks/captions, and assisting the editorial staff in new story idea generation. This role covers primarily Soccer during both weekdays and weekends.
• Identifying breaking news, viral content hits and video highlights in real time. Publishing identified content immediately to social accounts that he/she is running independently.
• Setting the tone, look and feel of Bleacher Report's social media accounts
• News and social media monitoring to identify what is trending in sports and relevant pop culture
• Timely and clean stylized hook writing in line with the social voice of our accounts
• Swift editorial response and decision making, often without supervisor's oversight
• Assisting and collaborating with the editorial staff in new story idea generation
• Minimum Requirements
• 1 - 2 years of internship or professional sports media experience
• Desirable Requirements
• High level social/mobile media understanding, especially in the realms of sports and culture. Candidate should have high proficiency using Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Snapchat, and any experience with Crowdtangle would be considered a major plus.
• Possesses strong writing and communication skills.
• Editing skills/experience is ideal; formal editing background is not required but a keen eye for punctuation and grammar is important.
• Candidate should be familiar with basic photo editing and a working or advanced knowledge of Photoshop is not essential but definitely beneficial.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands