On-Air Service Manager
Sinclair Broadcast Group
Atlanta, GA US
The Operations Manager is responsible for oversight and management of the daily operations, futures planning, and staff for the Content Transmission Group in maintaining consistency of transmissions for WarnerMedia News, Entertainment, and Sports operations. The position requires daily interaction with staff and partners in receiving and provisioning transmission requests.
• Manage and oversee daily operations and futures planning for Content Transmission. Evening shift with flexibility.
• Work with the Content Transmission management team in delegation and distribution of work across staff to scale resources to meet demand.
• Work closely with key partners, vendors, engineering and operations on the planning, oversight, execution, troubleshooting, and budgeting of transmissions across the group.
• Manage and track accurate cost accruals and billing to partners, working closely with Business Administration.
• Extensive knowledge of the operation and all technical internal and external systems used to deliver services.
• Must display leadership, work well under pressure, be able to multitask, be extremely detail oriented.
• Have excellent organizational skills,
• Communicate effectively across all verticals and provide outstanding customer service.
• Work with all staff to maintain, document and update Transmission Scheduling system databases, and other documentation, drawings, operational manuals, and workflows for systems used in provisioning transmissions.
• Capacity to learn any future systems quickly in order to become subject matter experts and staff trainers.
• Other Duties as Assigned
• 5 years minimum experience in the Content Transmission environment.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• This position requires extensive knowledge of Broadcast Television, various transmission formats over satellite, fiber and IP, and related transmit and receive equipment.
• Has proven mentoring and growing others in career.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protecte d by law.