Supervising News Producer
CBS Television Stations
Chicago, IL US
Marquee Sports Network is seeking an On-Air Ticker Operator for this newly formed regional sports network. Reporting to the Director, Digital Content, the On-Air Ticker Operator will work varied hours during live sporting events and off-hours to maintain a steady stream of up-to-the-minute sports news and information for viewers.
This full-time position is responsible for operating, programming and updating the ticker program for Marquee Sports Network. This highly collaborative team member will be a wordsmith and grammar expert above all, with a passion for sports news and information and an ability to tell stories in short form. The role will be just as much about programming and determining the content Cubs fans need to know each moment of the day, as much as it about inputting accurately and maintaining the information on the ticker each day. The ideal candidate is hungry to grow their career in sports media and grow with Marquee Sports Network in our inaugural season and beyond.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Research news information and game highlights for network ticker; updating ticker program with news and game notes
• Closely follow all baseball/sports news and anticipate opportunities to report relevant content
• Create quality headlines, refine copy; edit, proofread and improve written content on regular basis
• Maintain ticker before, during and after live sporting events
• Coordinate with Programming, Marketing, Sales, Traffic and Master Control group in the execution of ticker; insertion of graphic requirements, etc.
• Load network identifier graphics; create informational programming alerts, as needed
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Punctual, regular and consistent attendance
• Treat your teammates with respect and consistently bring positive energy to all interactions with other departments and external partners
Qualifications, Skills and Educational Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree
• Television, Communications experience is highly preferred
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; previous sports writing experience a plus
• Strong attention to detail with the ability to produce quality content under tight deadlines
• Ability to confidently make editorial and creative decisions in pressure situations
• Instinct to reach out for confirmation or guidance from superiors when judgement calls arise.
• Deep knowledge of sports with special emphasis on MLB, preferred.
• Understanding of and ability to leverage social media and the internet to mine for content
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Openness to feedback and ability to take notes from various constituents
• High productivity when working independently and while collaborating with others
• Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays with flexibility to adjust schedule and days off
Marquee Sports Network is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace!
Marquee Sports Network is the exclusive television home of the Chicago Cubs in partnership with Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI). It is Chicago-region's exclusive network for fans to view live Cubs games and will also feature extensive pre and postgame coverage, exclusive Cubs content and other local sports programming. Marquee Sports Network brings together one of the most iconic sports franchises in the country with one of the largest television broadcasting companies to deliver unprecedented Cubs coverage for fans.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site