Interactive Title Producer
Los Gatos, CA US
Our mission is to enable and innovate how storytelling is produced, discovered and enjoyed around the world. The Personalization Experience Design team makes deciding what to watch next easier and more enjoyable for every member.
You love shaping personalized user experiences to help expand the definition of predictive experiences. You balance a passion for algorithms and creating highly functional and emotionally resonant user experiences with a strong desire to understand user behavior and business success through data and consumer insights.
You see this intersection of user experience and human-centered machine learning as an exciting problem space. You are fascinated by how AI enhances the member experience. You are comfortable in uncharted territories where design hasn't historically found itself or where the rules and engagements aren't already established. Together, we'll look at how we continue bringing people the content they want while making the Netflix experience smarter, contextually appropriate, and relevant.
When faced with limits and ambiguity, you become more-not less-creative. You advocate for our members and bring an understanding of business and technology that informs design strategy and delivery. You are a maker who lives to deliver impactful design solutions and who insists on the highest standards at the system and feature level. You approach design challenges holistically and create elegantly simple solutions to complex problems.
What You'll Do
You'll be part of a cross-functional team charged with revolutionizing how entertainment is consumed and how storytelling is showcased at global scale. You'll be involved at every step of the product development process, from concepting and testing ideas to ensuring design quality through launch. Using your full range of interaction, visual, and product-thinking skills, you'll lead and own product features. You'll champion our members with an understanding of the value of design within a business context to drive impact.
From the perspective of our members, you'll help us challenge the current boundaries of the product experience, looking closely at how we can push the user experience further. How does the user experience, underlying logic, recommendation systems, and tooling all fit together? You'll define strategies and design solutions that will bring this vision to life, then work with cross-functional partners to execute against it.
• Explore innovative approaches to Machine Learning-powered UX by keeping abreast of and informing ML (Machine Learning) best practices and UX trends and pushing the boundaries of what it means to design personalized product solutions.
• Collaborate with a cross-functional team spanning user research, data science, product management, and engineering to build new product features that advance our mission to connect members in personalized and relevant ways.
• Lead multiple projects across the entire product lifecycle. Design, validate, refine and ship product experiences grounded in human-centered machine learning.
• Set a vision for an end-to-end user experience by exploring divergent concepts and quickly converging ideas based on technical constraints and business goals.
• Provide systems thinking that solves design problems at scale, both strategically and tactically. You're comfortable switching between vision-level and hands-on pixel-level work.
• Rationalize UX solutions with data, improve designs through feedback and thoughtfully question the status quo.
• Employ your strength in storytelling to present vision and articulate design rationale to create a shared understanding of the UX strategy with the broader team. Apply big-picture thinking to break down open-ended opportunities into actionable next steps with the appropriate level of detail and fidelity at every phase.
• Proactively identify opportunities and solutions by connecting dots across the broader org.
• Embrace our culture of experimentation and A/B testing.
• 8+ years of experience designing UX for consumer-facing products across web, mobile and/or TV.
• Academic focus areas at the intersection of HCI and Machine Learning (nice to have).
• Experience designing human-centered personalized products, with knowledge of personalized machine learning algorithms, especially recommender systems.
• Experience designing large-scale design systems.
• Well-versed in data-informed product design and development.
• Track record of shipping products and leading projects to successful outcomes for users and the business.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to articulate the rationale behind your design decisions and influence key stakeholders.
• An insatiable curiosity for user experiences powered by machine learning, algorithms and recommendation systems.
• A passion for entertainment, filmmaking, and storytelling.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site