Visual Development Artist, 2D Animation
Glendale, CA US
The Walt Disney Company launched a Disney-branded streaming service in 2019 featuring an incomparable collection of content from its brands and franchises recognized and respected all over the world. The direct-to-consumer (DTC) service will serve as the exclusive home for viewing original movies, series, short-form, and more, along with a vibrant catalogue that spans classic Disney Animation to the most recent movie releases.
We're looking for a talented, and team-oriented Principal Product Designer to join our San Francisco-based product design team. The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit and will thrive upon the legacy of our company while embracing unconventional thinking. Above all we are seeking an individual who is passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer experience through strategic hard-work and determination.
As Principal Product Designer, you'll direct and create UX and visual design exhibits for the Disney+ platform. You'll create visual designs that contribute to improving the user-experience directly such as, user on-boarding, daily engagement, title artwork creation, and AppStore assets. You'll work closely with all groups that contribute to the Disney+ platform. As part of the Product Design group, you'll always look to balance the essence of the brand story and retaining the integrity of the product user interface; to always ensure the best experience for the user while delighting them with great content and visuals.
• Collaborate with product teams to create artwork for the platform that not only satisfies requirements and strategic messaging, but also continues to raise the visual integrity of the user-experience in order to drive user adoption and engagement
• Create designs for Web pages, product interstitials, notifications and other components of the product experience that align and support the overall customer experience
• Create presentations and prototypes that describe the use and positioning of assets within our applications (TV, mobile, and web) while also speaking to the rationale for the solution and making compelling arguments for what is proposed
• Rapidly produce multiple solutions using sketches, wireframes and visual prototypes while instinctively knowing the proper level of detail to present to communicate your point of view while remaining optimally efficient.
• Provide creative feedback and direction to other designers working on in-service artwork
• Collaborate with fellow designers (UX, motion/prototypers) to help evolve the design language of the platform.
• Train, mentor, and guide other designers or members of the In-Service Creative team
• Communicate with stakeholders (representing business, product, and engineering) to understand requirements and priorities.
• Work cross-functionally with other groups to solve strategic initiatives and new program challenges quickly and creatively
• Ability to travel as needed to our SF, LA, or NYC offices to collaborate with colleagues in Product Design and other connected groups
• Generate design work-plans for yourself as well as other designers you may be directing; accurately estimate work items and communicate dependencies and issues as necessary. As a senior practitioner, you take full ownership of your work.
• Communicate design decisions and specifications in a scalable and reproducible form.
• Participate in the development of the larger design team through dialogue, mentoring, and collaborating on internal projects (for example, tools and workflow-process research, template and pattern creation).
• You'll continually push to humanize our product
• You'll seek out new ways to enhance the standing of the product and brand through title art creation
• An online portfolio featuring great work for mobile, tv, and web applications and brand/identity.
• 7-10 years experience designing and shipping successful consumer experience in a fast-paced product-centric, technology environment.
• Identifying core goals, success-KPI's and expectations in performance
• Utilizing rapid prototyping and iterative design techniques.
• Designing for multiple platforms and screens.
• Defining and evolving design systems.
• Leading project design efforts/teams.
• Working closely with a cross-functional team of designers, software engineers, product managers, and business owners through all product development phases.
• Delivering engineering-friendly design specifications and documentation.
• Familiarity with version control.
• Informing and evangelizing the design process.
• Solid foundational design skills and sensibilities.
• Professional experience with creating and managing digital content assets in the media/entertainment industry for (mobile, web, TV) is a significant advantage
• Sensitivity to handling of studio-based imagery and assets and the many facets of legality associated
• Experience in the business of digital subscription services
• Experience in verbally articulating conceptual and design decisions to executives while being aware and sensitive to strategic influences
• Proven leadership and strategic ability
• A love of television, film, and entertainment.
• Smart, conceptual, confident, competent, adaptable, proactive, and results-oriented.
• Earnest, mature, and ego-free; you welcome candid feedback, and can constructively give it as well.
• You have an innate passion for learning new software design technologies and trends.
• You can't stop yourself from sketching concepts, updating flows or polishing the designs that represent the big-thinking work.
• You embrace change and ambiguity as an opportunity for design to lead product development with new features and user goals.
• You can move effortlessly between doing design work and defining requirements and goals.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site