Senior Technical Program Management Lead
Santa Monica, CA
Hulu’s Platform Engineering team is seeking a Technical Program Manager who will be an exceptional addition to our team. As Hulu continues to grow its viewership and expand its offerings, we need to continuously improve and scale our ability to deliver a phenomenal experience. Are you someone who wants to be involved in building platforms that enable engineers to safely and rapidly deploy changes? You will count the entire tech organization as your customer and be driven to meet their needs. We want someone who shares a real passion for working behind the scenes to help provide the best experience possible to the millions of Hulu viewers. Do you thrive in a team environment and gain happiness when accomplishing challenging projects while partnering across an entire organization? Then we believe this an awesome role for you and we'd love to hear from you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• You will engage with all of technology to understand their needs and distill those into actionable items.
• Be committed to quality as a top priority - you pay attention to what you make and take pride in your craft.
• You will get people passionate about the value of things like moving to the cloud, adopting Kubernetes, or venturing into chaos engineering.
• You'll work alongside engineers that are solving complex challenges as we evolve how we build, deploy, and run software across Hulu.
• You'll always be looking down the road to identify and minimize risks before they become a problem.
• You'll be a communication powerhouse to ensure the entire organization knows what the team is working on and what to expect.
• You'll have a point of view, but won't overpower the room or have an ego.
• Partner with product and engineering to help craft schedules, roadmaps, and other artifacts.
WHAT TO BRING
• Proven success in program management demonstrating a love of experimenting, building and learning new things.
• An innate ability to establish relationships and cultivate effective collaboration across wide groups of people.
• Ability to run concurrent projects, partner with multiple customers, and build consensus.
• Great communication that allows you to interact with a diverse set of technical and non-technical partners.
• A desire to actively communicate and raise awareness of everything you’re working on.
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science, or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
• Formal training in project management, Agile/scrum; certification a plus.
• Prior experience with Edge engineering & API Gateway systems, AWS, Datadog APM, Spinnaker, Terraform, etc, or other such cloud monitoring or continuous delivery platforms.