Software Quality Engineering Lead, Subscription Lifecycle
Santa Monica, CA
Hulu’s Platform Services Product team is seeking an experienced product manager to serve our User Platform and Devices Platform (UDP) engineering teams. In this role, you will coordinate with your fellow product managers in crafting and delivering on a broad roadmap for our server-side platforms, with a special emphasis on Account Security and Cloud DVR. As a product leader, you have a track record for running sophisticated interlocking roadmaps over a wide range of concerns. You are comfortable engaging in highly technical discussions with engineering as you are in customer experience discussions with marketing. You have an eye towards not only delivering on projects, but doing so in a way that can appropriately scale as to improve the company's innovation velocity for the long haul.
What you’ll do
• You will focus on subject areas such as Account Security and Cloud DVR, guarding against unauthorized logins in ways that minimize UX friction, and focusing on 'platformization' of the service stack to support a variety of UX features and optimize cost-of-operations.
• You will contribute to the development of the high-level UDP roadmap, particularly in the areas described above. You will entertain and negotiate for the intake of projects as well as generate and evangelize new project ideas from a 'platform perspective'.
• You will help execute assigned portions of the UDP roadmap as the product owner for a set of assigned scrum teams, authoring clear requirements and offering mentorship on a sprint-to-sprint basis. You will align with marketing, operations, engineering teams, and peer product managers for product roll-out and operationalization.
• You will be encouraged to express opinions on how to continuously improve Hulu’s product development and engineering practices
What to bring
• 3+ years of product management experience supporting core platform engineering teams
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (CS, CE, EE), business, or equivalent experience
• Experience in mass consumer-facing technology product
• Experience with Agile development practices
• Experience crafting product artifacts (documents and decks) and facilitating discussions, sometimes to a VP-level or above audience
• Capability to digest and translate a wide breadth of discrete feature requests into more general, extensible, and scalable platform capabilities
• A principled and ethical approach to work, with respect to both customers and colleagues
• A comfort level of making decisions in midst of ambiguity, conflicting priorities, and shifting strategies – knowing when to act autonomously and when to bring decisions to leadership
• A desire to have fun!
• Experience in and knowledge of the OTT video market/technologies
• Experience in product management of live systems scaled to serve millions of users
• MBA or Product/Project Management certification a plus, but not required