Junior Roto-Paint Artist
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
Senior Creature TDs are responsible for rigging and enveloping hero to background creatures, vehicles and props in Maya as well as setting up and running flesh-surface, hair, and cloth simulations. Able to wrangle rigging and creature pipeline issues proficiently under the direction and guidance of their supervisors.
• Advanced hero-creature rigging and enveloping in Maya.
• Set up and run Maya cloth, hair, muscle simulations.
• Wrangle creature rigging issues for artists in other disciplines.
• Mentor entry level artists.
• Run flesh-volume simulations.
• Script utilities/tools/plug-ins in various software packages.
• Create dynamic simulations in packages such as Maya/XSI.
• Wrangle creature pipeline issues for artists in other disciplines, such as:
• MOCAP data re-targeting in XSI/Maya;
• Act as wrangler for a creature and/or a specific technique used across multiple creatures.
Education / Experience
• At least 5-7 years of work experience as a Maya rigger in digital animation, visual effects, games, commercials or producing cg characters and creatures for visual media.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computer Visualization, or Computer Animation is a plus.
Required Skills / Competencies
• Positive attitude and a team player.
• Passion for the work.
• Good communication skills.
• Knowledge of anatomy and enveloping.
Required Technical Skills
• Sufficient knowledge of Maya rigging techniques to optimize the performance of rigs.
• Proficiency with Linux is required.
• Expertise with Maya is required.
• Experience with Python scripting.
• Feature Film experience is required.
• Demonstration of advanced rigging skills.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site