Software Development Engineer
Discovery is looking for an expert and customer obsessed Senior Product Manager for the Digital and Direct-to-Consumer business for Magnolia, a joint venture partnership between Discovery, Inc. and a Chip and Jo Gaines. In this role you’ll help shape the strategy and drive the execution and successful delivery of digital and Direct to Consumer Products, including websites and applications across popular platforms, such as Apple, Android, Amazon, Roku, and others. As the Senior Product Manager you will combine the inspiration of the Magnolia brand with a data-driven approach to discover, develop and ship products and features that delight customers and increase engagement. You will help create products that solve practical problems for customers, while inspiring them and improving their everyday lives. You’ll connect regularly with customers to become expert on Magnolia customers. You’ll lead and motivate a dedicated, cross-functional Agile team by communicating vision, authoring user stories, prioritizing the backlog, and coordinating regularly and clearly with partners and stakeholders.
1. Exhibit deep understanding of the customer and demonstrate customer empathy.
2. Develop product and business strategy based on customer needs and translate into prioritized feature roadmaps.
3. Set product priorities, manage tradeoffs and build shared understanding.
4. Conduct analysis to ensure the right features are built to achieve product and business goals.
5. Own feature development from start to finish, including shipping features and driving alignment around a vision and priorities.
6. Drive ship cadence and ensure high quality, defect-free features are launched.
7. Use process and mechanisms to ensure product meets customer needs.
8. Create and use data to validate the impact of your features and demonstrate that you can achieve high-impact product and business goals.
9. Act with autonomy to represent the product and navigate problems
10. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Your business documents, use cases, user stories and project reports are clear and concise and used as examples of good work for your peers to aspire to.
11. Effective partner for engineering, design and other relevant teams. They trust your work and view you as an ally and advocate on their behalf
12. Share learnings across teams and ensure quality cross-platform experience
• Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or relevant field
• 3+ years’ work experience in product management job function in technology, ecommerce, media, or relevant industries
• Experience working with a cross-functional team across engineering, design, business, and marketing
• Experience leading feature development from start to finish, including shipping customerfacing features and driving alignment around a vision and priorities
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Deep empathy for customers and other humans
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
• Excellent track record of product management and shaping business strategy for customer facing features and products
• Experience navigating through ambiguous problems, especially where the product strategy, roadmap and technology approach may not be defined
• Experience removing roadblocks, making tradeoffs, managing risk and shipping high quality features on time
• Experience utilizing the competencies of engineering, design, and business teams
• Strong analytical skills and good at using data and metrics to inform priorities, solve problems and develop business cases
• High attention to detail and demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
• Comfortable working in a fast-changing environment where continuous innovation is desired
• Proven track record of taking ownership, doing what’s necessary and driving results
• Master’s degree in business, technical or related field
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site