Coordinator - Program Management
Knoxville, TN US
Discovery, Inc. is searching for a Vice President –Global Business Services (GBS) Americas in Knoxville, TN to join our Finance Organization. This role reports to the Executive Vice President and Chief Accounting Officer.
GBS is known for its innovative thinking, best practice implementation and customer service. We seek to unlock financial value for the company through igniting curiosity in all our team members, encouraging collaboration and continuous improvement.
The Vice President of GBS Americas (VP GBS Americas) is an integral leader within Discovery’s Global Business Services Operations. This position will lead all functional aspects of GBS Americas which include the areas of Record to Report, Procure to Pay, Contract to Cash, Content Accounting and Payroll for the US and LatAM. This leader will exercise leadership accountability with an emphasis on accounting processes and systems, data driven performance, customer focus, strong internal controls and cost reduction for the company. They will establish and manage service level agreements (SLAs) with properties and other corporate internal stakeholders as well as measure performance of each area based upon established and agreed to metrics. An important aspect of this role will be to communicate the vision and goals of the shared service function within the organization in a highly collaborative and positive manner and drive execution. This role interacts regularly with Discovery senior management and professional service providers, including the external audit team. This role is a partner to FP&A, Controllership, Operations Finance, Treasury, Financial Compliance, Internal Audit and other functions.
1. Provides vision, strategic leadership, planning, and guidance for the development, implementation and management of an effective GBS organization
2. Leads the service delivery teams to create, build, and implement effective, efficient, and consistent operational processes, leveraging technology improvements and ensuring optimal utilization of all resources
3. Provides strategic direction for the development of all aspects of GBS budget, financial planning, operational planning, and workforce planning
4. Accountable for the overall operations scorecard, including service level agreements (SLA), metrics, resource and financial management
5. Defines and communicates to business leadership internally-set service quality standards and metrics that are consistent with external benchmarks of high performing organizations; ensure that all aspects of GBS work consistently and achieves performance standards
6. Fosters and maintains positive relationships with customer base, serve as an interface between internal and external (business) customers to ensure effective delivery of services.
7. Provides vision of a comprehensive technology strategy
8. Ensures the function complies with all federal, state, and regulatory laws
9. Provides leadership surrounding finance integration activities associated any acquisitions or divestitures
10. Ensures compliance with SOX controls
11. Works with external auditors to provide requested documentation
12. Effectively lead a team of finance professionals by developing talent and cultivating a high-performance culture, building a strong team of local and remote-site support staff
13. Oversees a team of approximately 120 professionals residing in the US (Knoxville, TN) and in certain areas supporting LatAm (Miami, Brazil, Mexico City, etc.)
What you need to have:
* BS in Accounting; MBA a plus
* Minimum of 15 years of large corporation experience
* CPA required
* Experience in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
* Experience with managing Service Level Agreement (SLA), Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and performance metrics highly preferred
* Attention to detail and accuracy as well as strong organizational skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to assess and measure impact and prioritize accordingly
* Proven ability to build confidence and trust with internal and external constituencies and provide excellent customer service
* Experience managing large teams across various locations
* Demonstrated ability to contribute to a culture of excellence, integrity and accountability
* Strong project management skills, with the ability to proactively manage a variety of projects and timelines; demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, and an ability to manage multiple assignments and deliverables.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
It’s a plus if you have:
* Previous experience in the media/entertainment industry preferred
* Spanish language skills
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site