New York, NY US
Entercom, a leading media and entertainment company, and one of the two largest radio broadcasters in the U.S. is looking for an innovative, results oriented and passionate Vice President of Product to own the product vision, strategy and marketing for our web publishing platform including RADIO.COM and over 250 radio station sites.
The VP Publishing Product will be integral to driving a holistic and cohesive strategy focused on delivering an amazing audio-centric user experience for all of Entercom's brands. In this role, you'll work closely with stakeholders including engineering, programming, editorial, sales, marketing, business development and Executive leadership to create and execute on this strategy, to achieve business growth goals.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for audio (music, sports, news, talk and podcasts), publishing, video, content management systems, user experience, and delivering best-in-class products. This individual knows how to gather both qualitative and quantitative data and transform that data into actionable insights and concrete product direction. A track record of launching successful products that customers love and is an advocate for our users when meeting with cross-functional stakeholders and senior management, is key.
• Create and drive the strategic vision and roadmap for the best digital publishing experience for entertainment, music, news and sports radio fans, grow the audience and increase engagement across all platforms
• Conduct regular competitive analysis, market and user research across the Digital landscape to stay ahead of new technologies, market trends and understand the needs and wants of our users.
• Gather, document and communicate product requirements and KPIs across all departments and facilitate roadmap prioritization to ensure products deliver on the needs of both the business and the user in a timely manner.
• Own the full product lifecycle for digital publishing through all phases from concept & planning through launch and beyond including post release analysis and user feedback. Identify what is and is not working and swiftly iterate on performance and features
• Keep all team stakeholders informed on progress, opportunities, concerns, roadblocks and timelines
• Coordinate with the technology team to formulate a smooth product development process and identify the tool set needed to efficiently release, refine and iterate on our product.
• Lead the creation of analytics requirements for the collection of key data and work closely with business intelligence to gain insights to inform on product decisions moving forward.
• Communicate regularly with radio station management at the local radio stations to gather information and feedback about their listeners and their brands to effectively represent and serve them within the products.
• Work with the national and local sales groups to monetize the digital publishing platform
• Work with the Aud Dev, Marketing and Social teams to plan successful campaigns to grow our audience size and engagement
• Work with 3rd party distribution partners to deliver syndicated content (text, video and audio)
• Partner with Ad and Revenue operations on optimizing ad performance and maximizing yield through user experience, programmatic fill and optimal ad placements
RADIO.COM is Entercom's integrated digital platform where consumers discover and connect live with premium, curated content powered by over 235 highly rated, locally programmed radio stations and their websites, over 3,000 podcasts, audio on demand, and exclusive content across entertainment, music, news and sports. RADIO.COM offers anytime, anywhere access through our mobile app and website, home listening devices including Amazon Alexa, Echo and FireTV, Control4, Cortana, Google Home, Play and Chromecast, Grace Digital, Roku, and Sonos, as well as automotive dashboards and game consoles.
• 10+ years of product management experience in a medium-to-large media company overseeing publishing and editorial platforms.
• Experience working with and supporting multiple brands & extensions within the same cms platform
• Extensive experience working with common CMS platforms (Drupal, Wordpress, etc)
• Strong understanding of SEO and syndication best practices
• Working experience with analytics and AB testing tools (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Chartbeat, Tag Manager, etc)
• Technically and analytically savvy, with knowledge about how products are built and are comfortable defining, querying, and interpreting your own data
• Comprehensive understanding of editorial and publishing workflows including video and article syndication, internal syndication, and content workflows
• Experience managing 3rd party relationships including key partners, developers, and platforms
• Excellent cross-functional project management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent quantitative data analysis and critical-thinking skills
• Passion for understanding customers and their behavior, particularly with regard to the audio and radio space
• Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university
First/Mid Level Officials and Managers
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site