Senior Fullstack Engineer - Media Cloud Engineering
Los Gatos, CA US
Media Cloud Engineering is a core part of Netflix's Content Engineering organization. We are responsible for media encoding platform, supporting studio applications and suite of content tools to scale the operations behind content production and taking a title live. This role is about building internal applications for Netflix to visualize complex workflows & data relationships, reporting, and flexible query/search systems. The underlying systems are diverse and include cloud workflows, storage layout/distribution, data migration, resource allocation, queuing systems, and cloud scaling processes. In this role you will balance users' flexibility, UX, speed and ease of comprehension as the tools are used by a diverse set of Netflix teams.
You are self motivated and can work independently, while also being able to pivot and partner closely with other engineers on a project. You are passionate about building quality products and want to own development end-to-end, leading with the right design, and follow principles to deliver maintainable, performant and a predictable experience. You are a problem solver and like to challenge yourself, but you are not afraid to reach when you need help.
You bring strong experience and demonstrable knowledge in following areas:
• 5+ years of relevant experience
• Several front-end technologies (ex. React, Angular, Vuejs)
• Several backend technologies (ex. Java, Go, C/C++, Node.JS, Python, Ruby)
• REST-ful APIs for internal and external products
• Building cloud application (ex. AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure)
• Building testable, highly-available applications and services with monitoring and alerting
• Joy building application / services that empower your users (ex. faster, effective, reduce error prone, more cost effective)
• MS/BS in Computer Science or a related degree
• Experience with technologies like Spring, Cassandra, Redis, Kafka, Elasticsearch