Full Time Job
Director Broadcast Operations & Engineering
CBS Television Stations
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
CBS 3, and CW Philly has an immediate opening for a Director, Broadcast Operations & Engineering. This is a challenging, multi-dimensional position with many responsibilities - technical, financial, operational, contractual, and HR related. The position reports to the Duopoly President/General Manager with a dotted line to the Division Senior Vice President of Engineering.
• Overall responsibility for all day-to-day broadcast activities, including compliance with all regulatory and governmental agencies (FCC, FAA, OSHA, etc.), station asset management, information technology, ENG/DSNG operations, transmission facilities, remote facilities and building operations.
• Responsible for creating and complying with all BO&E expense budgets and administering station's capital budget.
• Oversees staff training, employee safety and quality control for all broadcast productions.
• This position has the ultimate responsibility for the TV technical plant/transmitter and must maintain a proactive role in maintenance to prevent on-air failures of any kind 24/7/365
• Work in concept with the News Director and Creative Services to identify new technologies for efficient and cutting edge operations.
• Oversees the maintenance and repairs of the office, studio, transmitter, and telephone systems.
• Provide facilities (sometimes on short notice) to support any and all in-house production efforts..
• Manage local engineering, IT and building maintenance staffs.
• Manage the company's relationship with represented employees and their union agents. insure the contract is fairly applied. Participate in negotiations for contract renewals.
• Deep experience and training in broadcast operational, personnel and facilities management.
• Expert contemporary knowledge in broadcast, IT, digital and automation technologies, including design, integration, maintenance and project management.
• Proven ability to collaborate with inter-departmental colleagues and third parties.
• Superior communication, analytical, design, planning and management skills.
• Proven success in managing represented employees within a large corporate environment.
• Six years minimum of broadcast engineering management experience, including studio, RF systems, telecom and digital mass storage systems or equivalent.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technical area or Business, or equivalent experience managing local television station broadcast operations and engineering department.
External Application Page
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site