Senior Graphics Programmer
Culver City, CA US
Technicolor Preproduction Services is looking to hire a Senior Virtual Art Department (VAD) Supervisor staff position to help run its real-time asset department. The ideal candidate is able to work quickly and efficiently in the fast paced world of Visualization. We are looking for someone with a great attitude who can build highly optimized assets in our Maya and Unreal workflows. You must be confident enough with your own artistic direction to help fill in the gaps of building out a 3D asset from a 2D image, while also courteous enough to take in direct artistic feedback from the client.
This person must be comfortable with low polygon modeling, texturing/shading and lighting a wide spectrum of different asset types including: Characters, environments, props and vehicles.
As a Senior VAD Supervisor your role will often have you presenting to or working closely with some of the industries leading Directors, Production Designers, Art Directors as well as Executive Producers and occasionally Studio Executives. The ideal candidate would exhibit all the important soft skills that go along with being client facing at this level: professionalism, articulate, cool under pressure and able to excite the clients about their work.
Our Senior VAD Supervisor will report directly to their Visualization Show Supervisor and will occasionally be called upon by the Visualization production team or Head of Department to attend meetings or help with bidding new projects. They will also be working with a team of fellow asset builders that they will help supervise and manage asset delivery milestones. The ideal candidate will need to be able to demonstrate a clear history of strong leadership and able to work well in a team setting.
• Build clean and accurate models based off of concept art, set plans, reference imagery, storyboards, etc
• Be flexible in their ability to shift gears between super stylized and photo-realism as well as their ability to shift between organic to hard surface modeling and texturing
• Clear ability to speak the film language and understanding of the visualization to finals pipeline
• Brainstorming creative ideas, solutions and concepts with a strict attention to detail and taking pride in your craftsmanship and quality
• Ability to model, texture/shade and light models quickly and efficiently inside Maya and Unreal
• Skill set to be able to quickly optimize or down-res heavy models that may come in from a different department and different software packages to ingest and prep for game engine.
• Ideas change often in this world – the ability to quickly and cheerfully pivot to a new concept or idea for an asset
• Organization and ability to clearly and concisely get ideas and points across
• Substance Painter
• Agisoft Metashape/Reality Capture photogrammetry software
• Blender (a plus)
• Sketchup Pro (a plus)
• Proper conduct and etiquette
• High level of NDA and security awareness
• Motivates fellow team members, helps provide effective feedback to their team
• Can easily set and consistently maintain goals and deadlines
• Takes initiative to help fellow artists
• Can quickly identify strengths and weaknesses in their team and pivot to play to strengths
• Willingness to build a bond with the client's creative and production teams
• Comfortably able to help manage realistic expectations with client
• Always thinking about and looking for ways to improve pipeline, technical and creative issues
To be considered you must exhibit at least 3 years' professional experience as a lead artist or supervisor at a major visualization or gaming studio and supply a reel or portfolio site with examples of your work. You must also include a reel breakdown that specifically points out your contributions to the work within. Please also demonstrate the ability to work with multiple asset types: characters, environments, props and vehicles as well as legible and clear wireframes for each asset.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site