Software Development Manager - Creative Engineering
Culver City, CA
Amazon Studios Technology is looking for a Technical Operations & Support Manager to help drive the execution and improvement of key service delivery processes throughout the Studios organization. You will be responsible for supporting network and technology programs covering Amazon Studios global productions. Tech Ops & Support Manager will own the customer experience and build a relationship starting from the customer and working backwards. You and your team will support the Studios production personnel (cast and crew) and Studios business teams (development, engineering, programming and marketing). You will establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and focus on improving the reliability, availability and quality of the services used by Amazon Studios customers.
A successful candidate will have experience operating in high – pressure situations and demonstrate a proven ability to handle competing priorities and while also remaining flexible. Tech Ops & Support teams are responsible for installs and maintaining the technical infrastructure used by thousands of Amazon employees and other external content production partners. In this role you will provide coaching, mentoring and guidance for a diverse team of first and second tier support technicians. You will regularly manage large, cross-functional projects and interact with software developers, executives, vendors and other support teams.
• 5+ years networking, IT and technical support experience within the TV and film industry.
• 5+ years of systems administration, storage solutions and internet connectivity experience
• Professional work experience as a systems administration, network engineer or software development engineer.
• A solid understanding of networking, server and desktop technology and proven methods on providing innovative solutions to customers.
• A proven track record of supporting large-scale enterprise IT projects and supporting enterprise software.
• A proven track record of direct customer or incident response experience supporting customers across a broad spectrum of software
• Entertainment streaming experience required; specifically an understanding of the content creation lifecycle and understanding content creation workflows.
• Record of driving projects to improve support-related processes and the technical support experience
• Innovative thinking and bias for action balanced with a strong customer and quality focus
• Passionate about customers and new technology
• Strong leadership capabilities, having the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse set of customers or partners, across multiple disciplines.
• Strong technical acumen, including the ability to understand the customer or partner IT landscape, identify opportunities and overcome any technical obstacles.
• An ability to think creatively and apply strong analytical and problem solving skills, driving issues to resolution.
• Strong attention to detail and excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Open to traveling on occasion
• Open to working and managing across shifts
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site