Financial Analyst, FP&A
San Francisco, CA
The Production Accountant for Lucasfilm will be responsible for assisting the Senior Post/Development Accountant, providing financial support on all our live action productions.
We are looking for a Production Accountant who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, and passion for great storytelling and filmmaking that define Lucasfilm.
• Prepare and review weekly/monthly finance deliverables including: cost reports, cash flow projections, and purchase orders to ensure accuracy and strict policy adherence
• Partner with Production and Lucasfilm Finance to build and review budgets, analyzing areas for potential savings
• Research and document variances between forecast and actual results
• Prepare journal entries and reconciliations with the appropriate supporting documentation
• Assist in detailed review of accounts payable invoices, ensuring accuracy and completeness of data and appropriate controls in place
• Work closely with counterparts at Disney to gather and provide financial information and analysis
• Provide assistance in resolving inquiries for assigned functional areas
• Support efforts for process improvements
• Perform special projects and ad-hoc analyses as needed
• A minimum of 1-3 years experience in broad accounting or finance role
• Detail oriented with strong analytical skills
• An ability to multitask
• Self-motivated problem-solver with a strong desire to contribute to the team and Company's success
• A desire to work seamlessly within a strong team in a fast-paced, unpredictable, ambiguous environment
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Maturity to handle confidential information
• Experience with major ERP accounting systems (SAP, Oracle, etc.) a plus
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel; experience with TM1 a plus
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related or you have gained that experience by working in our industry.
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site