Manager, Creative Infrastructure
Los Angeles, CA
On the iOS UI team, we are passionate about delivering ✨joy✨ to hundreds of millions of Netflix members around the world, whether they're traveling to a remote location or at home with family. We work on mobile product innovations that connect our members to the stories they love. Some of these have included Coming Soon that lets you browse and set reminders for upcoming releases, as well as Player Speed Controls that give you more flexibility and accessibility over your viewing experience on your mobile device.
Our responsibilities include implementing large-scale A/B tests of features ranging from highly visible product experiences to core infrastructure that enables existing and future innovations. We care deeply about UI performance, quality, and accessibility of the Netflix app. In order to bring new kinds of engaging and cinematic experiences to life, we partner closely with product managers, designers, creative producers, as well as a number of other engineering teams.
We are looking for an experienced engineering manager to scale the iOS UI team to take on new exciting product challenges and client technology investments. With Netflix's focus on international growth, there is a growing demand for mobile product innovations that increase value for our members worldwide and especially for those in mobile-first countries.
About the Role
• Lead a team of senior iOS engineers who value inclusion, transparency, autonomy, humility, and an occasional game of Quiplash.
• Hire exceptional engineering talent with differential skills, experience, and perspectives to keep pace with the mobile product needs across the business.
• Empower, challenge, and coach team members to grow their impact as individual technical leaders by providing them with context and continuous feedback.
• Strategically manage the engineering challenges and risks associated with shipping complex product experiences and A/B tests on a regular, rapid cadence.
• Collaborate, build alignment, and develop strong relationships with cross-functional partners consisting of product managers, design leaders, consumer insights researchers, data scientists, and other engineering teams.
• Effectively prioritize, distribute, and manage the increasing number of projects on the product and technical roadmaps.
• Exemplify the Netflix culture by understanding, advocating, and demonstrating its values.
What Sets You Apart
• Experience building and leading high-performance product engineering teams with high degrees of psychological safety.
• Proactively gives and receives feedback; is not afraid to have difficult conversations.
• Seeks different perspectives and relevant context to effectively navigate ambiguity.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; able to actively listen, adapt to different styles, establish best practices for a hybrid-remote work environment.
• Fosters an inclusive team culture that enables team members of all backgrounds to succeed and thrive.
• 🎥 Engineering the Customer Journey (Netflix Women In Tech)
Meet the Team
• Listen to our inaugural episode of the WeAreNetflix Podcast, as well as guest appearances on other shows!
• 🔊 Episode 1: Making the Netflix iOS App - Jordanna Kwok, Jessica Berglund
• 🔊 How big iOS teams typically operate (Swift by Sundell) - Carola Nitz
• Watch Netflix event videos and conference talks featuring members of our team!
• 🎥 Accessibility for iOS: Doing Well by Doing Good (App Builders 2020) - John Fox
• 🎥 Eye Nav Hack (Netflix Hack Day) - Ben Hands
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site