Operator Engagement Manager, Latin America
Mexico City, Mexico
• Ensure a healthy A/R portfolio with reconciled accounts
• Reduce DSO and maintain DSO to within company goals
• Develop A/R Management reporting tools
• Increase % Current of A/R
• Develop and Drive A/R Metrics to within or above industry averages
• Maintain a preventive and pro-active collections culture
• 95% or higher recovery of withholding tax certificates
• Effective and strategic use of disconnection policy for Affiliate Business
• Be the liaison between C&C and Data Management for Customer creations
• Promote and train new policies to C&C Specialist and Supervisors
• Maintain all credit policies and update for changes in business and customer practices
• Train C&C Specialist to understand and interpret client financial statements
• Perform credit checks for new accountings according to corporate policies
• Develop Bad Debt Reserves analysis taking into consideration new credit policies
• Mitigate and Reduce Bad Debt Risk
• Develop and implement training for all key functions of Credit & Collections Specialist
• Effective use and development of the SAP Collections Cockpit
• Provide a team-oriented and innovative work environment
• Supervise all cash application functions for the LATAM region
• Approve all manual postings and intercompany transactions
• Prepare Blackline reconciliations for cash accounts
• In charge monthly AR reporting for the Region
• Monthly reconciliation of write-off tracker
• Provide operational information to internal and external auditors
• Responsible for the upload of all bank transactions for the Region
• All other functions as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in business Administration with at least 7 to 10 years collection experience supervising a staff of receivable professionals. Working experience within a media, cable or tech organization highly preferred.
• Ability to identify corrective process and/or people action and implement with continued fluidity of day to day business operations.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate findings and present and implement optimal solutions to cash collection issues.
• Prioritization, organization and attention to detail are a must.
• Ability to effectively lead a multi-cultural team and optimize resources
• Fluent Spanish language skills. Native speaker a plus. Portuguese language a plus.
• Strong analytical capability with a focus on resolving complex customer concerns.
• Recent experience with SAP
• Proficient use of MS Excel with working knowledge of Pivot Tables, intermediate to complex formula creation, and VLOOKUP functions.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site