Strategic Operations Coordinator
Content Insights & Delivery Analyst (CNN Digital)
Content Insights is a new research/insights team that has International Sponsored Features as its primary focus. The team works with the Features Editors and AdSales, and performs three key functions:
• Track the progress of sponsored digital campaigns, in terms of page views / video plays and other campaign KPI's, and report these figures to key stakeholders and clients as needed.
• Analyze campaigns to really understand what content is working and who is consuming it around the world, to ensure our content creators have the information they need, and campaigns are optimized for maximum engagement.
• Compile and curate benchmarks of performance to help inform new sponsorship proposals.
The Content Insights team is responsible for overseeing the sharing of measurable data and insights to strengthen our narrative at all stages of sponsored feature campaigns. By tracking and analyzing the performance of sponsored digital campaigns they are key in strengthening renewal conversations, meeting ambitious campaign targets, discovering new content ideas, and setting reliable performance targets for new campaigns.
About the Role:
The role of Analyst is a key role within Content Insights. Based in Atlanta, Georgia, the Analyst sits in a global team alongside team members in USA, UK and Hong Kong. Using the latest in digital data curation and visualization platforms you will monitor and report on the performance of digital Sponsored Features campaigns for internal stakeholders such as Sales and Features Editors. You will advise stakeholders on campaign performance, collaborate with your team-members on the building of self-service data dashboards, analyze editorial output to helps editors optimize the content strategy, advise stakeholders on sensible campaign performance targets, and lead internal and client-facing discussions on editorial insights as required.
Your analysis of digital performance – page views / video starts / dwell times / thematic trends / demographics / regions – will be integral in our collective understanding of what makes great Features content. It will provide vital data to sponsors, but also will serve as a feedback loop into the ideation process for content creation teams.
The Analyst reports into the Content Insights & Delivery Manager.
• Evaluate existing and develop new metrics, reports, and dashboards for internal audiences; apply both quantitative disciplines and creativity to translate data into actionable insights through data visualization
• Perform analytic studies on published content, especially around featured content and sponsorships
• Develop, manage and communicate findings via insights feedback loop
• Identify new areas of opportunities in our content development/creation and growth areas with critical partnerships and sponsorships (in partnership with Sales Support, Editorial Leaders, Audience Development, Content Partnerships, etc.)
• Review metrics and performance and apply those measurements to decisions for future content development
• Evaluate critical areas for improvement, including revenue optimization, platform compliance, strategic alignment with channels and internal studies and branding
• Provide a campaign wrap-up report, coordinating with Account Services and Ad Operations to gather all relevant data
• 2-5 years of business of experience working in a data analysis, business operations, ad operations or related field (digital media experience preferred)
• Advanced Excel reporting, analysis and data modeling skills
• Business intelligence and analytics platform experience (e.g. Adobe Analytics, Looker, Tableau, Domo, Qlik, etc.)
• Experience with ad systems and measurement vendors (e.g. Google Ad Manager, OperativeOne, FreeWheel, MOAT, Integral Ad Science, etc.)
Key Contributors to Success:
• A self-starter who is passionate about getting data, using data, making sense of data, and helping others benefit from making analytics driven decisions
• Excellent strategic and analytical skills and the ability to think critically and deliver recommendations based on data and analysis
• Effective communicator and collaborator
• Strong data visualization skills
• Excellent attention to detail, analytical capacity/problem solving and communication skills
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.