Senior Financial Analyst - Content FP&A
Our business is growing rapidly and we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth opportunities. Read our culture and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
We're on the hunt for a passionate and talented finance and accounting professional who would be part of our international finance team located in Amsterdam and who is willing to get their hands dirty in a fast growing environment. The Senior Finance Accountant - EMEA will report to the Senior Finance Manager - EMEA. This person will work with the various finance teams internationally to optimize the overall finance operations and processes in terms of accounting and reporting. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for statutory filing requirements, statutory audits and provide IFRS and local GAAP perspectives on global projects. This role is positioned for growth as our business scales up.
We are looking for someone who is:
• A self-starter, who is able to work effectively, autonomously and drive projects and process improvements under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment
• A great communicator who can build strong working relationships with external advisors and internal teams
• Accustomed to multitasking, prioritizing and meeting multiple tight deadlines
• Proactive, hands-on and innovative
• Curious and enthusiastic, not afraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo
• Highly accurate and detail-oriented
• Able to influence and lead change with a positive, energetic and inclusive style
• Flexible to collaborate with our US and International offices across multiple time zones
• Willing to travel to our offices overseas
Education and Experience
• A minimum of 6 years of relevant accounting and finance experience
• A combination of public accounting experience and in-house experience is preferred
• Bachelor / Academic degree in accounting or business economics and on track for completion (or already completed) post graduate degree RA/CA/CPA or equivalent
• Experience in working in a multinational environment
• Experience in working with service providers
• Experience working with international accounting and tax requirements
• Knowledge of IFRS, US GAAP and/or any other local GAAP in EMEA
• Experience with UK (production) entities' accounting and preparation of financial statements is a plus
• Experience with preparing statutory filing documentation for international entities and managing (first-year) statutory audits
• Ability to team with cross-functional teams in legal, tax, accounting, content, etc.
• Possess analytics to design and set-up standardised procedures and smart (systems/ automation) solutions on reporting requirements
• Advanced MS Excel and Google Sheets experience with the ability to navigate large data sets
• Experience in the entertainment / tech industry is a plus
• Experience with Workday Financials or other cloud-based ERP systems is a plus
• Fluent in English, other languages are helpful
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 193 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.