Position at Industrial Light & Magic
The Associate VFX Producer is responsible for the planning, scheduling, production and delivery of specific shows with a focus on the highest standard of quality, delivery on time and on budget, under the direction of the ILM Singapore Producers and in collaboration with the ILM teams in other locations. The Associate VFX Producer works across all shows and reports to the appropriate Show Producer on a daily basis for show specific tasks.
• Working with key creative members, and Producer, creates and communicates overall shot schedules across all disciplines, using ILM's best practices for scheduling. Oversees implementation of schedule
• Manages, mentors and guides the Production Manager, Production coordinators and Production Assistants on a daily basis to ensure all show needs are met
• Organizes and runs VFX bidding meetings as needed
• With input from Supervisors and the Show Producer, proactively identify and plan for work to be sent and ensure maximum utilization of artists at all times.
• Provide support for technical and creative issues that arise, to ensure work stays on schedule and optimal workflow is adhered to.
• Using ''Bids vs. Actuals'' and financial reporting tools, track each show's performance on a weekly basis. Proactively raise concerns, strive to find creative solutions and show improvement in a timely manner where possible.
• In partnership with the Producer and Production Accountant, regularly checks EFC to ensure work is on budget
• Maintain overview of utilization using established departmental production management and tracking systems. Participate in regular meetings with Show leadership to determine upcoming show crewing needs.
• Creates, maintains and communicates crew ramps to Talent Managers, Producer, Show Leadership and production teams.
Required Skills / Competencies
• Been a VFX production manager on multiple shows (5 years)
• Proven track record in bidding and client management
• Excellent computer skills including: Word, Excel, Google suite
• Experience with databases and a wide range of production management tools (such as Shotgun, Filemaker Pro, MS Project)
• Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site