Look Dev Artist
London, EN GB
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Paint & Rotoscope artist has two principal responsibilities: the creation of accurate mattes to extract specific elements from shot plates; and the removal of unwanted elements (such as wires, rigs or tracking markers) from shot plates.
• Modifies and removes isolated elements for digitally composited sequences with both procedural and hand painting methods.
• Creates digital articulate mattes and performs plate clean-up.
• Modifies and removes isolated elements for digitally composited sequences.
• Creates digital articulate mattes with computer-aided drawing tools to detail and precision while performing repetitive tasks.
• Performs plate clean up; removes unwanted artifacts and composites said artifacts with a clean plate created by the artist using tracking software and scripting. Frame by frame handwork when necessary.
• Paints final comps before film-out to resolve last minute problems.
• Performs background repair and wire removal.
• Maintains up to date knowledge of rotoscoping and how to make shapes animate.
• Develops 2D animation skills.
• Performs other tasks related to the creation of digital articulate mattes.
Education / Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Drawing, Animation or equivalent artistic background and education required.
• Proven production experience in computer graphics, animation or video.
Required Skills / Competencies
• Experience with 2D image processing, Harry, Henry, Matador, or Macintosh software or other similar systems.
• Computer proficiency including UNIX operating system; the ability to learn software and adapt scripts.
• Must have a willingness to learn new tools, a proven ability to be detail-oriented, and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and to work efficiently within a production environment.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site