Sr. Software Dev Engineer, Studios Applications
Santa Monica, CA US
The Senior Director, Programming & Scheduling leads content strategy and scheduling for new broadcast TV networks Comet, Charge! and TBD as well as STIRR, a new national streaming service.
This executive will be a key member of the leadership team and requires a thorough understanding of the traditional TV (both national networks and local broadcast TV) and the streaming TV ecosystem as well as experience in the launch and development of new media brands.
They are media savvy, highly motivated, a creative and focused leader who can thrive in a data-driven company. They must possess excellent interpersonal, leadership and work-flow management skills in order to effectively interact with other key departments as well as a diverse group of stakeholders on a regular basis. The candidate will be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, results-driven and process-oriented environment.
• Oversee all short and long-term planning and scheduling of content across the group's brands
• Plan and implements content tentpoles and stunts
• Create, track and maintain programming inventories
• Window content rights to maximize advertising revenue and other potential revenue
• Manage reporting procedures regarding usage to contract services, finance to ensure rights are being managed accurately, and create an audit trail
• Implement Standards and Practices policies based on the platform
• Act as liaison between the Program and Scheduling Department and other internal departments with the dual goal of communicating the scheduling strategy and fostering coordination and synergy between departments
• Liaise with Marketing and Creative Services to provide promotable schedules and stunts
• Monitor shifts in viewership patterns and utilize such findings to maximize performance and advertising sales
• Participate in the planning and development of advertiser presentations
• Strong experience of working across multiple platforms and genres of television content
• Strong experience managing staff and resources with validated leadership and work-flow to achieve department and company KPI goals in the broadcast, cable and/or streaming space
• An understanding of how to organize and manage content ingestion and editorial/scheduling/programming teams to meet the editorial aims of the business across a wide range of content verticals
• Demonstrated track record of creative problem solving and ability to multi-task and work effectively under changing priorities and time constraints
• Knowledge of Nielsen rating system and Google Analytics
• Experience working with technology executives and platforms
• Fluency in media planning principles and content scheduling software
• A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of fast developing trends in broadcasting, OTT and social media space
• Demonstrated skills in developing and maintaining effective business relationships
• Be up to date on the group's primary competitors
About the National Networks and Platforms Group: Responsible for the business management and operations of Sinclair's national broadcast TV networks Comet, Charge! and TBD as well as STIRR, the company's new direct to consumer streaming service.
• Comet is a free broadcast TV network for passionate fans of SCIENCE FICTION. Featuring hit shows Battlestar Galactica, Quantum Leap, Stargate SG-1, Sliders, box office hits and other cult classic films. The network is available nationwide through local broadcast TV affiliates and cable operators, YouTube TV, Dish, Sling, Fubo and STIRR.
• Charge! is a free broadcast TV network for fans of everything ACTION. Targeting male fans but appealing to female viewers as well, the network features hit shows like Knight Rider, Magnum PI, Walker Texas Ranger, CHiPs, box office hits and cult classics films. The network is available through local broadcat TV affiliates including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago and 42 of the Top 50 DMAs in the country.
• TBD is a free broadcast TV network for fans of unique and undiscovered Web content and voices. The network's tag line is ''TBdiscovered, see for yourself'' and features original weekly show The Link as well as The Lab with CRH, Life on the Edge and DevinSuperTramp. TBD is available nationwide include New York, Los Angeles and Chicago and 47 of the top 50 DMAs.
• STIRR is a free national streaming service with over 110 linear channels featuring live local news, fan favorite TV shows, movies, sports and lifestyle programming. Each week STIRR delivers 2400+ hours of live local news and 5000+ hours of on demand programming. The STIRR App has been downloaded over 4 million times and is available on Roku, Fire TV, tvOS, iOS and Android devices.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site