Senior Software Engineer, Tools and Automation - Video Platform
New York, NY US
Disney Streaming Services mission is to give consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time, or location. By driving technological innovations, Disney Streaming Services aspires to become the leading distributor of direct-to-consumer entertainment and the premier provider of video streaming solutions globally. It successfully designs, develops, and delivers direct-to-consumer streaming services for a growing roster of media products. Media Engineering builds scalable distributed systems to acquire, manage, process and distribute Disney's media catalog.
The Technical Lead reports to the Director of Software Engineering and is responsible for providing technical leadership for an engineering team to ensure the successful delivery of software services and its engineering excellence. The role provides technical expertise in building software services to acquire, manage, process and distribute media.
• Lead a software engineering team to design, build, deliver and operate software services to acquire, manage, process and distribute Disney's media catalog.
• Build collaboratively with the team you lead and neighboring engineering teams.
• Contribute to the code base by writing and reviewing software.
• Lead technical feasibility, implementation approach, deployment strategies, and QA efforts.
• Establish engineering best practices and standards within the team to drive quality and excellence.
• Contribute to a culture of quality, innovation and experimentation.
• Mentor or coach team members best practices, technical concepts and principles of software development.
• Recruit and help hire talented software engineers.
• BA or BS or equivalent experience demonstrating an expert level understanding of software development and infrastructure
• Experience with programming in Java/Scala
• 5+ years experience building complex distributed software services.
• Highly skilled in the software development life cycle, software architecture and writing software.
• You're practical and personable, with a succinct communication style
• Experience building multiple concurrent projects of high technical complexity
• Ability to work in a dynamic 24x7 availability environment