Content Producer, Sports Betting
Are you a sports betting fanatic with your finger on the pulse of trending digital content? Do you know how to engage bettors across the country in ways that drive audience growth, direct betting action, and innovation? RADIO.COM Sports is looking for a highly motivated, creative, and detail-oriented Managing Editor to build and lead Entercom's new sports betting vertical.
The ideal candidate is a quick-thinking self-starter as both a manager and an architect/visionary. You know what it takes to delegate important responsibilities and supervise a team of producers and writers. At the same time, you will be a creative, hands-on leader of new and existing shows, with an ability to help guide programming from conception to completion. On the editorial end, you can ignite conversations and inform money-making decisions for the rabid sports betting community. You have a sharp instinct of what both passionate and more casual bettors will engage with, balanced with a commitment to content analytics. You thrive in a fast-paced, communication-driven team environment, and are passionate about innovating in the betting content space (both traditional game/prop bets and newer forms such as daily fantasy) to build an active audience with unique content marketing. You are on top of all of the latest sports news, and are constantly looking for engaging betting content that is a fit for the RADIO.COM Sports brand.
• Lead a team of content producers to create, publish and distribute both original and aggregated stories across all RDC Sports platforms (web/app/email//social/OTA)
• Oversee the editorial strategy, content, and presentation for all digital opportunities-including text, podcast, and video. Willing and able to roll up your sleeves and pitch in wherever needed
• Work cross-functionally with the VP of Acquisition and GM to review engagement KPIs-leveraging successful content strategies and CPA opportunities
• Help to shape direction for sports betting shows/podcasts, including new creations, in collaboration with team leadership
• Commitment to staff and talent development to maximize their skills/assets
• Ensure all daily content production is optimized for search, working with SEO specialist
• Construct top-down vision for digital sports betting content that drives direct CPA conversion plus audience growth and engagement, while supporting marketing and sales needs (as needed)
• Work collaboratively to scale sports betting operation through various teams, not limited to leaders in marketing, sales, product, programming, and editorial
• Develop and maintain strong industry contacts to promote the content you create, getting it in front of new audiences and potential media platform partners
• Envision/track content for sales campaigns driving toward KPIs
• Work with RADIO.COM Sports' President and Managing Editor to vet needs, launch new digital initiatives, and form strategies/opportunities
• Build communication bridges across the existing local station network, establish and stick to brand/voice, brainstorm growth/partnership opportunities, and lead branded content efforts
RADIO.COM is Entercom's integrated digital platform where consumers discover and connect live with premium, curated content powered by over 235 highly rated, locally programmed radio stations and their websites, over 3,000 podcasts, audio on demand, and exclusive content across entertainment, music, news and sports. RADIO.COM offers anytime, anywhere access through our mobile app and website, home listening devices including Amazon Alexa, Echo and FireTV, Control4, Cortana, Google Home, Play and Chromecast, Grace Digital, Roku, and Sonos, as well as automotive dashboards and game consoles.
To be considered for this position, please submit writing samples along with your resume.
• A Bachelor's Degree is required
• A minimum of 5-7 years of digital content management experience (minimum of 2-3 years leading a sports-betting operation)
• Flexibility to work nights/weekends as needed (sports news doesn't stop at 5 PM)
• Experience creating/running a content calendar of all sports betting editorial, ranging from straight news/odds to passionate opinion/advice and topical lists-intended to drive direct CPA conversion
• Must be creative voice and leader for making smart/innovative content that will get users hooked
• Experience building a new vertical, and comfortable with the culture that comes with an enterprising environment. Be prepared to frequently face new challenges and adapt quickly
• Proven track-record in conceptualizing social growth and strategy, including understanding how to drive engagement/CPA conversion through Facebook and Twitter
• Deep-rooted knowledge of a variety of popular sports, with a focus on football, basketball, and baseball (including CFB/CBB)
• Deep rolodex of connections in the sports media and sports betting worlds to leverage top content
• Strong SEO knowledge and expertise
• Basic MS Office skills are required. Other systems you should have working knowledge of include: Google Analytics, Chartbeat, Slack, Dataminr, as well as how to use/navigate a Content Management System
First/Mid Level Officials and Managers
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site