Director, User Experience & Design
Universal City, CA
Meet Peacock, NBCUniversal's new, wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop-culture.
We're growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. We need fearless leaders and pop-culture fiends who work hard and fan hard. Creative problem-solvers who just so happen to be the reigning champs at Parks & Rec trivia night. So if this sounds like you, join our flock. And we promise, we won't put your stapler in Jell-O.
NBCUniversal is hiring a Director, Virtual Channels to lead a critical team responsible for scheduling, curating and operating a suite of linear channels featured on our service. We are seeking an intensely creative and driven individual who is prepared to handle constant change in a fast-evolving industry.
The channels team will be tasked with creating and managing linear streams built around key affinities, content categories and user cohorts, all aimed at delighting viewers who prefer lean-back experiences. These streams will span an array of content verticals across entertainment, news and sports, with fresh content emerging very regularly.
The successful candidate will possess domain expertise across one or more of the key content verticals, proven experience leveraging data to curate streaming media experiences and operational, hands-on experience working with digital media and publishing tools. Ideally, this candidate will have experience defining and working to hit measurable goals tied to digital lean-back viewership.
In addition to leading the daily operations of channel programming, this position is responsible for deriving and reporting on insights on the performance of linear channels to stakeholders across our organization; it will also require constant review of the content pipeline (including an ability to identify opportunities others may have overlooked) and includes responsibility for management of all schedules and supervision of the channels staff.
• At least 5 years experience programming/scheduling streaming media for a significant audience.
• A deep understanding of analytics and hands on experience with data tools like Omniture, mParticle, Amplitude and visualization tools like Domo and Tableau.
• Demonstrable ability to manage an ever changing content pipeline 7 days a week.
• Excellent writing and presentation skills, and the ability to convey complex data results in a simple and concise way including the ability to make visually compelling decks and dashboards for creative leaders.
• A history of establishing KPIs and targets, and then working to hit those goals.
• A passion for television and movies.
• Bachelors degree in a related field
• Ability to work at Universal City, CA