Character Effects Artist
Glendale, CA US
Animators are depended upon to create the highest quality of animation for the film. They are able to handle any variety of shot from action-filled to serious acting in any animation style.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Create memorable acting choices - able to define the characters and offer fresh and original ideas. Develop the emotional content of each scene through strong acting skills.
• Work closely with directing animator and supervising animator to keep characters on model. Set a high quality standard of animation for other animators to follow.
• Ability to take on a range of animation styles
• Able to establish/ create exceptional mechanics
• Consistently finds appealing poses - elevates the quality of any characters' design or shot
Test character setups and develop new animation tools.
• Ability to solve technical issues independently and/ or knowledge of when to elevate them
• Strong understanding of the CG animation pipeline
• Strong communication skills - able to anticipate any delays to schedule and communicate those issues as soon as possible.
• Open and responsive to feedback or changes
• Teamwork: Mentoring new animators, sharing suggestions and helpful tips and tricks, seeking out opportunities and efficiencies that drive the department forward.
• BA or equivalent gained from a combination of skills and knowledge from education, work experience, and/or training
• 2+ years of professional CG experience
• Character Performance experience
• Understanding of Rigging
• Drawing skills
• Traditional Animation skills
• Storyboarding skills