Data Security Analyst
Discovery Communications is the world’s #1 pay-TV programmer reaching 2.7 billion cumulative subscribers in more than 220 countries and territories, and the Global Technology & Operations team, of which the Master Control Operator is a member, provides the technological infrastructure and operations to ensure that audiences can enjoy Discovery's programming around the world and across platforms.
Provide quality control for and delivery of the on-air product. The key focus is to monitor air continuity, demonstrate job knowledge and organizational skills. Additional focus will be on demonstrating efficient computer skills.
• Monitor and maintain on-air continuity
• Take appropriate disaster recovery action when necessary
• Verify that program segments start and end clearly
• Verify all commercials, promos and graphics air as scheduled correctly
• Knowledge of automation systems, video servers, and graphic generators
• Monitor Closed Captioning, subtitles & V-chip for accuracy
• Monitor feeds for correct language distribution
• Other duties as assigned
• 2+ years of experience as a master control operator in a multi-channel environment
• Bachelor’s degree in Communication Arts or Radio/TV/Film preferred
• Must possess excellent organizational skills, good verbal and written communication skills and proficient in computer usage
• Able to work weekends, overnights and holidays
• Automation experience preferred
• Familiarity or fluency in another language is a plus.
• Must be willing accommodate a schedule in support of a 24/7 broadcast environment including weekends, nights, and holidays.
• This position is considered an essential position. This means that during times of inclement weather, emergencies, or when access to the workplace may be impeded, that employees in this position are expected to report to work to support business continuance, unless otherwise instructed by his/her direct manager.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site