Network Security Engineering Manager
New York, NY US
We are looking for an experienced Senior Analyst to join our Data Instrumentation & Quality team. This role requires acute attention to detail, a strong sense of accountability, collaboration skills, and extensive hands-on experience with data quality processes and specification writing. This role will be tasked with creating high quality datasets by writing detailed tracking specifications and performing ongoing data quality testing for our clickstream tracking solution, working directly with product and our front-end development teams for consumer facing product features.
At DSS, data is central to measuring all aspects of the business, and critical to its operations and growth. As a part of Data Governance, Data Instrumentation & Quality works closely with data stakeholders, front-end technology teams, data engineering, and back-end services for consistent collection and usage of business critical KPIs and datapoints.
• Create high quality data instrumentation requirements via actionable JIRA specifications for critical business use cases
• Perform cross system data validation and investigations to discover data inconsistencies, raising bug tickets outlining path to remediation for development teams
• Serve as a point of contact for front-end engineering teams for any questions or issues resulting with specifications, requirements or bugs
• Perform data quality testing and assurance as a part of the front-end engineering's continuous delivery and deployment lifecycle via device testing and automation
• Serve as a SME on product interface and capabilities for select front-end devices
• Perform data quality audits, identify data instrumentation issues, suggest improvements and help implement fixes
• Provide support to escalate and triage data quality issues across the data and engineering organizations, outlining path to remediation and raising required engineering work
• Understand business requirements, translating them into actionable JIRA specifications including how data should be tracked, tested and measured for analysis, reporting and data quality assurance
• Strong experience in documenting requirements from a product and data perspective for engineering consumption
• Data quality automation and testing experience as a part of a continuous delivery and deployment engineering process
• High familiarity with JIRA oriented product ticketing practices, agile engineering principles and theory for backlog and project management
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and written communication skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate anywhere from the team level to C-level executives.
• Knowledge of services oriented architecture and development practices, including implementation of analytics and clickstream tracking
• Minimum 3 years of experience in the technology industry, knowledge of clickstream datasets a plus.
• 2+ years of either Python, Pyspark or SQL
• High familiarity with data platforms and applications such as Databricks, Jupyter, Snowflake, Redshift, Airflow
• Familiarity with client oriented development in languages such as Swift or Objective C
• Experience working across marketing platforms such as Kochava, Adobe Analytics, Adobe Tag Manager, Flashtalking, Google Ads, Campaign Manager, DV360, Bing Ads, Facebook, Datorama, Segment, Alooma, BlueKai and Salesforce Marketing Cloud
• BA or BS in a quantitative field (Business, Math/Statistics, Economics, CS, Engineering, or similar) is desired
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site