Software Engineer - CBS Sports Fantasy
Fort Lauderdale, FL
The Senior Frontend Engineer will be primarily responsible for contributing to the development, maintenance, and enhancement of web applications, based on specific product requirement specifications. The Frontend Engineer will work with the product development team, in a fun and fast-paced sports-centric agile environment. As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will be responsible for making recommendations to improve the user experience of 247sports.com.
• Collaborate with team members to build pixel perfect interactive features
• Integrate with backend developers to build new features
• Lead and mentor junior developers
• Make new technology recommendations based on research and knowledge
• Design front-end architecture and processes
• Work in a fast paced AGILE environment
• Improve the overall quality, performance, and stability of frontend, including build process.
• Migrate legacy frontend code to a react frontend with server side rendering
• Rewrite existing features such as content, recruiting pages, and athlete profile pages
• Maintaining and upgrading ad serving features supporting revenue projects
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
• 5+ years of professional experience, with a broad range of skills and experience in web application development
• Know the latest HTML and CSS standards inside and out.
• You have experience with source control using Git/GitHub
• Strong initiative and the ability for creative thinking for product development with the ability to work in a collaborative, innovative, agile and team-oriented environment
• You've built something cool using any reactive frameworks such as ReactJS, AngularJS, VueJS, BackboneJS, etc
• Experience with some form of frontend build process such as Webpack or Parcel
You might also have -
• Understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design
• Familiar with Node.JS and Express
• You know CSS preprocessors or frameworks (SASS, Bootstrap, etc). Maybe you've even built your own toolkit that sits on top of your preprocessor of choice.
• You've worked with at least one high-level server-side language.
• Experience integrating data from various back-end services and databases
• You've worked in an AWS, GPC, or Azure environment before
• You are familiar with CDNs such as Akamai or Fastly
• Experience with SEO and frontend performance
• You love sports
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site