London, United Kingdom
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Creates high quality motion of computer graphics creatures, characters and objects within a shot, using a variety of animation software programs, and working under the general Supervision of Senior Level and Animation Supervisors.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Responsible for the successful animation of a series of shots on a specific project.
• Participates as a team member in determining various aesthetic solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis.
• Maintains or exceeds a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
• Expected to ‘mentor’ entry level Animators and must be able to assist them with their shots.
• Performs other tasks related to the creation of computer-generated animation.
Key Peers or Relationships
Animation Supervisors, Animation Leads and Seniors, Key Creatives, Department Production Manager
Education / Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in traditional animation or computer animation.
• Demonstrable experience working in cel, stopmotion or computer animation with experience working on feature films.
• Expert knowledge of traditional animation principles, acting, film production and compositional design while demonstrating exceptional skills as an animator based as evidenced by portfolio, demo reel and references.
• Significant experience working at Mid-Level Animator level in conjunction with recommendations for advancement by the Animation Supervisors and the Department Manager.
Required Technical Skills / Competencies
• Knowledge of UNIX and shell scripting; expert knowledge of Maya, proprietary and other software programs.
• Knowledge of chaining and constraint techniques.
• Knowledge of both the CG production pipeline and the other production processes at ILM.
• Excellent organization and communication skills.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site