Line Producer For Courageous
New York, NY
The Production Safety Specialist will be responsible for providing support to the members of the Production EHS department as well as managing tasks assigned by the Director Production Safety and as outlined below.
The successful candidate will be a quick learner with strong communication skills who will use this opportunity to learn from a diverse group of safety professionals tasked with a wide range of production specific environmental health and safety challenges.
The Production EHS department is a dynamic atmosphere requiring a candidate with excellent problem solving skills, an ability to prioritize, and a strong desire to increase their knowledge and experience in environmental health and safety.
• Assist in the implementation of EHS programs for various NBCU Entertainment Production organizations aimed at reducing injury and illness rates, enhancing communication in the workforce, and ensuring regulatory compliance.
• Conduct on-going collection, review, and analysis of production injury and illness data.
• Assist with worker's compensation claims management.
• Manage hazardous waste compliance programs.
• Work closely with productions and EHS Managers to ensure that the application of EHS processes and systems are effective.
• Participate in production-related incident and accident investigations to determine root-cause and ensure identified issues are addressed.
• Support productions in compliance with federal, state, and local EHS regulations for production activities on sound stages, on location, and any other venues, as required.
• Maintain departmental safety and personal protective equipment inventory and distribution tracking.
• Interface effectively with outside agencies as directed by the VP Production Safety.
• Participate in reviewing and upgrading existing EHS programs and creating new programs.
• Prior experience in motion picture, television, or entertainment industry is strongly preferred
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (minimum 3 years) in environmental health and safety or closely related field
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Willingness to travel
• Willing and able to work varied hours as needed to fit the needs of EHS and Production.
• Must have unrestricted employment authorization to work in the United States
• Strong computer skills (proficient in MS Word and Excel, Adobe; knowledgeable in MS Access or other database software)
• Self-starter with proven project management skills
• Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Strong leadership skills and success as a self-starter
• Must be able to interact with all levels of employees and management
• Public speaking skills a must