Product Design Manager, Animation Tooling & Pipeline
Los Gatos, CA
At Netflix, scaling to connect 145+ million people in 190 countries with movies and TV series requires strategic partnerships and high-quality product integration. Ever wonder about the Netflix button on new TV remotes or how the Netflix app is always ready when you boot up your new device? Or how Netflix is now an option that you can have added to your cable bundle?
Netflix works closely with a variety of partners such as Samsung, Amazon, and regional partners like Comcast, and Sky to integrate and launch Netflix applications on their devices. We ensure that Netflix members have a great experience watching our titles. Imagine the complexity and cost of managing the business and technical aspects of partner relationships. How can we design and build tools to streamline and improve the way we work with our partners? Here at Netflix, we live to push the bar higher and solve problems like these.
What appears seamless to our current and future members is actually a complex business strategy, involving negotiations with partners around the world. To align on business terms, user flows, and technical integrations, while maintaining Netflix's high technical standards, requires cutting-edge design and innovation. That is where you come in. We need a design leader who can shape and scale these business and developer engagements. This is a coach/player opportunity where you will be responsible for the overall leadership of a small team, but also a key contributor to the overall work of the design team.
To help facilitate the relationship and workflow with these partners, we built a range of partner-facing tools and services that are a key differentiator for Netflix. Our solution is built on the Netflix Ecosystem toolset, giving our partners access to such tools as:
Analytics - a real-time analytics tool that lets users quickly see trends in millions of records of test data cross-referenced across several databases.
Netflix Test Studio - a powerful device testing suite that enables hundreds of partner devices to be tested from anywhere in the world.
Device Test UI - a cross-team collaborative application to easily build embedded JS components and enable remote testing and automation on partner devices.
Partner Device Portal - serving as the gateway for managing device integrations, the portal is a comprehensive CRM system that provides everything a partner needs to configure and integrate their devices.
Be sure to review our culture page and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
What You Will Do
• Be a hands-on design leader working cross-functionally throughout the Product organization
• Contribute to the craftsmanship and design of the next generation of tools that will enable our varied users to achieve their goals
• Drive a coherent visual and interactive design strategy across the ecosystem toolset
• Drive new initiatives on the team
• Collaborate with engineers, product managers, tech writers, and other stakeholders to develop and iterate upon new concepts
• Lead individual design initiatives and contribute to the outputs of the Enablement Design team
What We're Looking For
• 3+ years in a Design leadership capacity (team lead, principal/lead designer)
• 8+ years as a Product Designer in the B2B2C space
• The ability to form consensus across a broad, fast-moving organization
• A history of mentoring strong designers and contributing to the design community
• A deep sense of accountability, fostering a high degree of responsibility within your team
• Understanding of complex workflows designed to scale across diverse, global operations teams
• Experience working in continuous delivery environments where the pace is fast and a focus on execution is critical
• Experience contributing to and consuming component-based design systems
• Excellent communication skills
• A willingness to fail and learn
• Experience distilling large data sets into friendly, insightful visualizations
• Ability to design products to suit the needs of a global audience
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site