New York, NY US
Disney Streaming Services is a place for the creative and the bold. Whether New York City, San Francisco, Manchester or Amsterdam, we provide opportunities to elevate your career and transform the industry.
Software Engineers at Disney Streaming Services develop premium digital media products for Major League Baseball and our partners. The products we build, such as ESPN+, Disney+, MLB.TV and NHL.TV, are paving the way for the next-generation media and sport technologies. Our Engineering team for Disney Streaming Services is headquartered in the Chelsea area of New York City. Other office locations also include the SoMo area of San Francisco, CA and several international locations.
At Disney Streaming Services, data is central to measuring all aspects of the business, and critical to its operations and growth. The data engineering team is responsible for collecting, analyzing and distributing data using public cloud and open source technologies and offers transparency into customer behavior and business performance.
If you are interested in joining Disney Streaming Services in the pursuit of not only crafting new media products but enjoying the products you build, we are interested in hearing from you.
• Collaborate with product teams, data analysts and data scientists to design and build data-forward solutions
• Design and build and deploy streaming and batch data pipelines capable of processing and storing petabytes of data quickly and reliably
• Integrate with a variety of data metric providers ranging from advertising, web analytics, and consumer devices
• Build and maintain dimensional data warehouses in support of business intelligence tools
• Develop data catalogs and data validations to ensure clarity and correctness of key business metrics
• Drive and maintain a culture of quality, innovation and experimentation
• Coach data engineers best practices and technical concepts of building large scale data platforms
• 3-5 years of experience developing in object oriented Python
• Experience deploying and running AWS-based data solutions and familiar with tools such as Cloud Formation, IAM, Athena, and Kinesis
• Experience engineering big-data solutions using technologies like EMR, S3, Spark and an in-depth understanding of data partitioning and sharding techniques
• Familiar with metadata management, data lineage, and principles of data governance
• Experience loading and querying cloud-hosted databases such as Redshift and Snowflake
• Building streaming data pipelines using Kafka, Spark, or Flink
• Familiarity with binary data serialization formats such as Parquet, Avro, and Thrift
• Experience deploying data notebook and analytic environments such as Jupyter and Databricks
• Knowledge of the Python data ecosystem using pandas and numpy
• Experience building and deploying ML pipelines: training models, feature development, regression testing
• Experience with graph-based data workflows using Apache Airflow
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site