Senior Financial Analyst - Content FP&A
As Netflix grows its business across Europe, Middle East & Africa, we are looking for an associate to join the Marketing Planning & Analysis (MP&A) team in our Amsterdam office. Marketing leadership relies on this team to inform important business decisions with actionable insights.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting finance & marketing planning for all Europe, Middle East & Africa-based marketing teams, including paid media, marketing creative, publicity and brand marketing, as well as workforce planning. This role reports to the Manager, EMEA Marketing Financial Planning & Analysis, based in Amsterdam.
The successful candidate will need to be a self-starter with tremendous skills in working and communicating with cross-functional partners who have different backgrounds, levels, and experiences. He/She will be able to manage complex work streams that involve multiple stakeholders, and build strong relationships across teams. Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
• Facilitate strategic planning and the allocation of the EMEA marketing budget, and managing optimization and adjustments
• Create thought leadership deliverables and present findings to management. The candidate will autonomously lead projects from start to finish (i.e., structure analyses, gather data, generate insights and communicate findings).
• Support near-term and long-term operating forecasts for all EMEA-based marketing teams located in Amsterdam, London, Paris, Berlin and Madrid
• Engage, educate and assist marketing stakeholders in budget planning processes and tools.
• Develop insightful presentations to summarize analyses and facilitate decision-making for senior management
• Become proficient in our third-party planning system (Anaplan), train new users, troubleshoot and contribute to system enhancements
• Periodic travel to other Netflix offices worldwide
• 5-8 years of experience in a highly analytical environment
• Background in FP&A, public accounting, corporate accounting or similar environments
• Extensive experience conducting financial analysis
• High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem solving utilizing financial modeling and analysis, including great Excel skills
• Curiosity about the business and solving problems
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Bachelor's degree with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature, preferably Business, Economics, Accounting or related field; MBA a strong plus
• Top management consulting firm, corporate planning and/or analysis in an entertainment/digital media company, or similarly demanding environment in which complex modeling and analysis is performed
• Prior work experience in Media/Entertainment industry and/or EMEA a plus, but not a prerequisite
• Candidates must be highly analytical and be strong, effective communicators. Prior experience in financial planning & analysis in the entertainment industry and / or marketing is preferred. Ideal candidates will have a proven track record of performing comprehensive analyses independently and developing and delivering recommendations based on this analysis.
• The successful candidate must display initiative in anticipating and exceeding the business demands of senior-level business managers.
• He/She must possess the ability to tailor communication style to various stakeholder sets, as well as effectively communicate financial concepts to non-financial stakeholders.
• He/She must thrive in a fast-paced environment and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
• Candidate must be motivated, disciplined, and able to work autonomously while maintaining regular communication with the rest of the team located in other offices and different timezones.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site