Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer
New York, NY US
THE DIVISION'S STORY A+E's Technology team is deep-rooted in the heart of our business. We have great people and great technologies, and together we take on the toughest challenges. As innovators, we choose to iterate, pivot, and adapt quickly. We've reinvented the way A+E leverages technology to produce and sell world-class content. We've modernized our core solutions and embraced a cloud first approach. Perched on the virtues of our ''Technology Code'', we make technology better, create solutions together, and most of all, we have fun with it. Our team members are motivated individuals who help each other do remarkable things every day. Together we deliver best-in-class solutions that transform the way A+E works. If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, we want to hear from you!
The Senior Engineer is a hands-on position that thrives in working together as part of a small team, that is focused on creating a seamless user experience with workplace technology. While this person will have prior experience working in a Windows environment, their primary focus will be A+E's Mac environment. The ideal candidate will design, build, and maintain desktop images and solutions (across both platforms) that will support business requirements as well as scale to meet future needs. The person must have experience in automation as well as the ITIL framework and how these can best be applied to an overall desktop management strategy to improve the user experience and lower the total cost of ownership. This individual will continuously push forward processes and technologies required to implement, support, organize, modify, and otherwise maintain the enterprise desktop environment. They will also provide maintenance of applications, systems configurations, and security policies (patches, anti-virus, and encryption) while continuing to improve the enterprise endpoint reference architecture.
Candidates must have excellent customer service skills, equipped with the passion, resources and insight to help achieve them. In return, you will be working with a wide range of technologies as part of a friendly and dedicated team in a great environment.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Build, configure, update and maintain desktop Images including international versions in the enterprise consisting of MAC OSX and Windows 10 machines. (80%)
• Configure and manage Infrastructure for software distribution and imaging through the use of management tools such as JAMF Pro, Ivanti, MDT, GPO's, AirWatch and AD across a Global Scale
• Improve the user experience on the desktop, and it's settings by leveraging automated scripts and automation of repeated manual steps
• Develop automation of all application installations, driver packaging, and post imaging tasks
• Modify and configure applications for deployment for all endpoints
• Develop all standard deployment procedures for applications deployment and perform knowledge transfer and coaching for all L1, L2 Technical Support staff.
• Serve as the L3 escalation point for end-user issues
• Evaluate, plan and implement company-wide upgrades and technology refreshes (20%)
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate, improve, and learn. You will not be alone. You'll have an opportunity to build new technology solutions & supporting core areas of the business. Also, you'll be the subject matter expert in your field of expertise and have the opportunity to present them to the Client Services Leadership team for consideration. Finally, you'll be exposed to various A+E departments and stakeholders to learn the goals, needs and direction so you can become a trusted partner.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• Experienced in stakeholder management that includes senior executives as end-users, vendor/partners, overseas office colleagues
• A Sr. level Desktop Engineer who can drive Engineering projects (Mac & Windows) to completion
• Focused on the constant refinement of our JAMF Pro & AirWatch environment in providing Mac imaging, user data backup/restore, software deployments, and support using this Infrastructure
• Skilled in providing level 3 Engineering support for Mac and Windows
• Able to expedite sensitive operational issues and make the appropriate decision to inform a supervisor or take independent action if necessary
• Actively participate in key departmental and divisional initiatives when called upon
• Able to work in a dynamic environment, prioritizing and multitasking effectively
• Ready to display strong problem-solving abilities, customer management and interpersonal skills.
Essential (Supporting and administering the following)
• Microsoft Office 365 & MS Teams
• JAMF PRO, AirWatch
• VBScript, Powershell, Batchscripting
• Cloud storage solutions (OneDrive & BOX)
• Windows 10
• Mac OSX
• Email security products (ProofPoint)
• Windows Server 2012 & 2016 R2
• Active Directory
• Citrix Receiver / XenServer
• Encryption (BitLocker & FileVault)
• ITIL Certified (Practitioner or Intermediate)
• Mac Certified (ACMT)
• Broadcast/Media industry experience
• ServiceNow experience
• Cyber Security experience
• AirWatch, JAMF Pro Certification