Manager, COVID Testing
Walt Disney Television
Burbank, CA US
The Supervisor, Production Services will assist and direct others in managing the daily shipping/delivery, and import/export as required, of assets and other items including COVID-19 PPE supplies for the domestic and international needs of television production. This individual will also assist and direct others in overseeing the inventory of PPE Supplies and other assets through the various inventory management tools. The Supervisor, Production Services will report to the ABCS Director – Production Services while also receiving direction from the Manager, Asset Management and working with the Manager, Backlot Services - Health & Safety.
The Supervisor will be expected to work closely with the productions and vendors to manage PPE supplies and other items related to television production. They will be the point person contacted by others for their shipping needs.
This is a Project Hire role with benefits.
• Coordinate show asset shipments, customs, packaging, and transportation for production
• Maintain records for shipments, including any relevant customs and carnet documents
• Analyze and report recommendations to management about shipment timelines for PPE and show assets.
• Working with multiple systems in the tracking of assets (PPE and Show Assets) by creating and maintaining databases.
• Track, troubleshoot, and audit the online inventory management system for PPE and show assets
• Train show crew to use online inventory management system for show assets
• Assist with transportation and labor job requests for PPE and show assets
• Coordinate billing and invoicing for transportation and storage of show assets
• Meet with show crews to communicate and enforce Asset Management policies and procedures
• Assist with show Asset strike and liquidation efforts.
• Maintain log of various storage locations and combination access codes for PPE and show assets.
• Arrange and schedule access to storage facilities with show crews to ensure that health and safety guidelines are met.
• Assess show storage needs and locate appropriate storage area
• Notify storage company when we plan to vacate and notify show account to cease payments after certain date
• Candidate should have a minimum of two years of experience in a related field or industry
• Warehouse operations and inventory experience
• Logistical efforts in both domestic and international shipping
• Customs import/export requirements
• Proven organizational and prioritization skills
• Strong interpersonal/verbal/phone and written skills
• Must be comfortable speaking to groups and providing training
• Excellent analytical skills
• Must possess enthusiasm, flexibility, and be willing to assume a variety of tasks relating to warehouse management
• Strong computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Salesforce experience
• SAP experience
• Candidate may need to lift up to 35lbs
• Candidate may need to visit storage locations within a 30 mile radius
• Flexible work schedule. May be required to work overtime and during the holiday seasons.
• Entertainment industry experience preferred
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
This position is with Touchstone Television Productions, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
Touchstone Television Productions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.