Sinclair Broadcast Group
Hunt Valley, MD US
In this role, you will be an integral part of the Sinclair Technology Partners management team, overseeing the operations of Sinclair's enterprise network and server infrastructure and supporting systems and platforms. Working in partnership with IT leaders across Sinclair, you will manage the delivery, monitoring, and support overseeing a team of site reliability engineers and DBAs, and administrators. As Sinclair embarks on its journey to public / private cloud, consolidation & upgrades of infrastructure, and expansion of its footprint, this role will be critical in managing the path, ensuring flawless execution, on-time / on-budget delivery, talent management & succession planning, resourcing & capacity planning, and oversight of critical operational metrics for data and voice services across devices, service providers, etc.
• Manage the full lifecycle delivery for all critical projects – ensure appropriate resources are assigned, capacity plans maintained, SDLC process compliance.
• Manage communications with stakeholders for all key projects at an executive level – ensuring risks, progress, plans are properly communicated, expectations properly managed.
• Ensure compliance with key work intake processes for incidents, enhancements/upgrades, and new project requests. Partner with IT teams as appropriate.
• Manage to establish SLAs and OLAs for 24x7 environment, including critical incident response, root cause analysis for outages, proactive monitoring.
• Utilize data to ensure key performance indicators are defined, managed, analyzed, and appropriate action plans are in place to drive down service degradation/failures and SLAs are met or exceeded
• Partner with organizational Architects and Engineers to develop operational goals, metrics, plans.
• Partnering with Site Reliability Engineering and the Project Management Office where appropriate, create implementation plans for all significant efforts.
• Partnering with the Project Management Office and Broadcast Operation Teams where appropriate, creating implementation plans for all significant efforts.
• Implement infrastructure performance management framework, ensuring key measures are tracked and contribute to the continual improvement of infrastructure services delivered to the business.
• Effectively communicate and influence others to manage ongoing operations.
• Collaborate with aligned architects, platform engineering, application managers, project managers, and infrastructure teams to drive emerging technology standards to industry best practices
• Operational oversight of key vendor partnerships including data & networking, database, cloud, and telecom providers.
• C-level updates on key operational metrics at frequent intervals.
• Minimum of 10 years of total work experience in a combination of infrastructure operations, site reliability engineering, program management, and/or delivery management
• Minimum 5 years of operational management experience with on-prem virtualization solutions, VMware is preferred
• Minimum 5 years of operational management experience with Enterprise network management utilizing Cisco and/or Arista technologies in addition to modern SDWAN solutions (NSX, Viptela)
• Minimum 3 years operational management experience supporting cloud deployments in one of the following environments: AWS, Azure, GCP
• Must possess planning, delivery management skills and experience operating in a 24x7 environment
• Experience managing transitioning from a traditional IT operational model to a Site Reliability Engineering focused support structure
• Experience working with Senior leadership team to design technology and process landscape and develop overall cloud solution strategy
• Excellent articulation, communication and strong inter personal skills at all levels
• Experience in supporting migration of application workloads to cloud
• Experience in participating in transformation initiatives for large scale organizations
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent; Masters degree preferred
• Deep Experience with large and complex IT systems in an enterprise environment using virtualization or private Cloud technologies, including VMware, Xen, and OpenStack
• Experience with migration to a hybrid cloud model and operating a mixed environment
• Experience supporting agile development workflows, methodologies, and related tools
• Experience with implementing, and operating Private and Public Cloud IT platforms, including Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Compute Platform
• Experience with modern development and testing techniques such as continuous delivery and continuous integration.
• Enterprise and Corporate public/private networks
• Large scale Telecom deployments
• Unified communications platform support and deployment
• Enterprise Database support and deployment
• Enterprise Site-to-site connectivity
• Enterprise scale network support including SDWAN technologies
• Large scale O365 administration
• Supporting infrastructure for new & sports broadcast/production
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site