Miami, FL US
The Playback Operator in the Technical Production Services Department will perform playback job functions during live and live to media file productions. The Playback Operator should have the ability to perform fundamental and advanced playback functions with different playback systems i.e. (EVS, Grass Valley Dyno, K-2 and Omneon). This includes editing recorded segments; Building & playing back playlists often while supporting a live show, cuing, communicating, and playing back segments for master control. The Playback Operator should be able to work in high pressure situations sometimes with a quick or immediate turnaround.
• Operational knowledge of various server & tape formats including EVS, Grass Valley K-2 & Dyno, Omneon, including setup menus and functions.
• Setting up, checking and ensuring that all media playback sources are adjusted for proper levels utilizing waveform and vector scopes
• College Degree or equivalent work experience.
• 2+ years of playback experience in a live/recorded television environment.
• Edit and playback highlights, sound, & packages for live/live to media file studio shows.
• Ability to record, edit, and playback with a 4 in 2 out channel EVS
• Editing highlights, and turnaround sound bites, using EVS clips & playlists
• Searching, logging, editing and playback video clips using EVS IP director
• Archive, purge audio and video clips to maintain effective levels of hard drive space.
• Interface with engineering department regarding equipment maintenance issues
• Must be available to work all shifts, including early mornings, evenings, holidays, weekends, late breaking news, hurricane and disaster recovery emergencies.
• Must be willing to travel (including internationally) as needed, sometimes on short notice.
• Basic computer skills and familiarity with Windows operating systems and NRCS systems (i.e. Avid iNEWS, Dalet, ENPS, etc.).
• At least two (2) years EVS experience
• Minimum two (2) years' experience in live broadcast facility operations
• Bilingual (Spanish/English).
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Must be willing to work in Miami, FL
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice (if applicable)
• Must be ''on call'' 24 hours a day / 7 days a week (if applicable)
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Strong knowledge and understanding of broadcast, production technology and post production workflows.
• Ability to multi-task and react quickly during daily broadcasts.
• Interpersonal and professional communication skills.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site