London, EN GB
Dplay is a leading Video on Demand platform within Europe with plans for rapid International expansion. The platform gathers world class content from breath-taking entertainment to gripping documentaries from some of the world's largest TV channels including Channel 5, Channel 11, TLC, Discovery Channel and Eurosport.
Dplay’s growing team are excited to be recruiting for a Technical Delivery Manager that will manage all tasks and priorities within the Connected Devices development team in order to deliver new feature releases, bug fixes and general BAU for the global video platform. Working closely with Product Owners and technical teams, they will deliver end to end projects across scoping, analysis, schedule and releases in a broadcast OTT video delivery ecosystem.
• End-to-end project delivery of the Dplay team deliverables including scoping, analysis, schedule and releases in a broadcast OTT video delivery ecosystem.
• Liaising with the Product Owners and technical teams to deliver the Front-end capabilities required for the business
• Continual collaboration with stakeholders (both internal and external) to identify, manage and resolve any dependencies, risks and issues throughout the lifecycle of the project
• Facilitation of development estimation and prioritisation sessions, including the projection of team velocities based on historical data and team resourcing
• Facilitation of planning and requirements gathering sessions with the various business units, stakeholders and product teams
• A proven track record of successfully delivering projects in the Live and VOD OTT market.
• Strong experience as a technical project manager, delivery manager and/or scrum master
• Prior experience with Kanban or other Agile methods - Scrum Master certification is desired
• Technically savvy – very good understanding of existing technologies, programming languages and frameworks
• Analytical skills to be able to solve problems and remove impediments
• Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
• Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
• Proficient with Agile tools like JIRA and Confluence
• Interest in video on demand
Additional Skills - Nice to Have
• Past experience working with Front end and back end teams
• Technical background would be a plus but not required for the role
• Knowledge of other agile frameworks and Agile certifications