FOX Entertainment is a company of passionate challengers who thrive on questioning conventions and disrupting the status quo-from championing breakthrough programming to defying the limitations of traditional broadcast models. This is an exciting time in the production, post-production, and content-creation spaces. We are entering a period of technology-driven disruption that hasn't been seen in 25+ years since the introduction of non-linear editing.
As Director of Post Technology & Operations within the Production and Post-Production and Technology group, you will fill a critical role in the management of various media teams, scheduling the resources, coordination with other departments, and the management of the financials for the group. You are going to be responsible for building out and managing the teams, while also strategically aligning with the rest of the Production and Post-Production group.
We are creating a culture where the team is encouraged to be self-starters who continually strive to be better and learn more while having fun. A culture where team members are not afraid to fail or try new things because that is the quickest path to innovation. Endless curiosity about how things work and a strong understanding of what ''customer service'' actually means are valued traits. A solid understanding of production and post-production processes, broadcast technology, IT, and agile methodologies is a must-have, along with a sense of humor.
This role is responsible for delivering a high-quality viewer experience to millions of viewers across FOX networks, digital platforms, mobile applications, websites, and licensing partnerships. In short, we bring great FOX content to YOU!
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
Editorial & Media Operations
• Develop, manage, and lead the operational teams responsible for overseeing media ingest, media management, editorial, and delivery team members within Fox Entertainment
• Design and implement improvements to media workflows that inform necessary parties in efficient and effective ways, but also deliver what is needed quickly and accurately
• Design and coordinate with other groups to document technical media workflows, specifications, transcoding profiles, and procedures for team members and the department
• Collect, organize, and manage data-driven metrics across the teams in order to share with the department to make better data-driven decisions
• Manage the overall organization structure for the team, and evolve the structure as needs change, ensuring efficiency and alignment with business objectives
• Collaborate with the Studio Products & Services team to explore early-stage ideas, develop applications, projects, and workflows, with the intention of making everything work better
• Partner with technology engineering teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues when things go awry, and communicate those changes to end-users in a timely fashion
• Inspire a culture of continuous learning, especially in emerging technologies, and champion career development programs to retain top talent
Scheduling and Resource Management
• Manage the scheduling of resources from ingesting operations to audio and video editorial, through finishing, ensuring resources are scheduled where and when they are needed
• Work to ensure that resources have access to the latest schedules, and coordinate with necessary individual team members to resolve scheduling conflicts, issues, and changes
• Collaborate other groups and departments to explore ideas, tools, and workflows to improve scheduling and resource management
• Provide input into and track various operational dashboards for the department for overall visibility, so things can work better, faster, and smoother across teams
• Prioritize the use of Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) to motivate the team members
• Assist in managing the ongoing Opex and Capex budgets, from creation to completion
• Build, collaborate, and cultivate relationships with Fox financial and accounting teams
• Work to prioritize projects and solutions across business, operational, and technical teams
• Collaborates with FOX Corporation's stakeholders to identify and implement roadmaps that are closely linked with business objectives
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent practical experience in media production, media operations, technology management, or related field
• 7+ years of managing media production teams, preferably in a large-scale environment
• 3+ years of experience managing a team and supporting individuals' career goals.
• Experience working with and managing daily hires, contractors, or consultants is preferred
• Strong knowledge of media-based software and hardware workflows, Content Agent, Selenio Flex, Adobe Media Encoder, Squarebox CatDV, Avid Media Director, Telestream Vantage, and other media applications and tools.
• Experience working with production houses or post-production vendors for short-form (promos/trailers/sizzle), episodic shows/series, and or feature film is preferred
• Ability to manage in a fast-paced environment and make quick decisions
• Ability to translate and communicate business requirements and best practices into operational and technical requirements, while also speaking to an audience on their level
• Familiarity with multiple storages and archive solutions, both on-prem and cloud-based, and the flow of media between them is a plus
• Knowledge of emerging media and networking technologies such as HDR10+, SMPTE 2110, IMF, Atmos, Virtualization, Teradici, PCoIP, VDI
• Knowledge of industry standards, including HPA, SMPTE, and others
• You care about your team and are invested in their success and careers
• You value diverse perspectives and welcome different approaches from others
• You can put yourself in the position of others, and understand the challenges they have
• You are excited by new technology and its potential to change how things are done, but realize that change management just might be the biggest hurdle
• You have an entrepreneur's can-do spirit, and enjoy problem-solving
• You balance planning and doing, and know when to switch gears from one to the other