Director, Creative Services
Los Angeles, CA US
The Senior Vice President, Media, will oversee media strategy, planning, buying and media analytics for CBS, working to develop and implement effective, innovative and performance-based media plans that effectively engage audiences and build the CBS brand. They will lead a team of media planners and strategists that liaise with marketing teams across CBS to determine best opportunities to leverage on-air, paid placements, digital, social, synergy and other forms of media that help us to acquire and retain audiences across CBS branded platforms. They will drive innovation and collaboration across internal teams, corporate partners, external stakeholders and media agencies to ensure that we are developing a best-in-class approach to reach and engage audiences in the most efficient and effective methods possible.
• Build and lead a best-in-class team of media strategists/planners to effectively manage the development and implementation of media plans and campaigns for CBS brands, shows and platforms.
• Set overall vision and direction for the team, including implementing strategic short and long-term budget investments and keeping on top of industry trends and best in class tools.
• Work with the Global Brand Strategy team to develop data-driven and targeted media campaigns that align with overall marketing strategies.
• Lead the day-to-day workflow across internal teams and external media agency.
• Work with the research and analytics teams on measurement, attribution and other performance metrics to ensure overall campaign effectiveness, ensuring that learnings are applied to future efforts.
• Drive strategic media relationships with affiliates and other partners to optimize and enhance our media presence though co-op and other value-exchange programs.
• Provide appropriate reporting on spending, agency billing, forecasting, planned-to-actuals, investments, attribution and overall/channel-level media performance.
• Build and maintain trusted relationships with our media agency and vendor(s) in order to support the implementation of efficient and effective campaign execution.
• Work closely with the senior leadership team to solve immediate problems and capitalize on opportunities to improve.
• Create a culture of creativity, productivity and continuous improvement.
Minimum 15 years of experience in media strategy, planning and buying.* Minimum 10 years of supervisory experience.
• Strategic planning, budget and financial management.
• Deep understanding of how to use a wide range of media channels to drive awareness and engagement of TV shows, with a deep knowledge of industry planning, research and analytical tools.
• Exceptional understanding of digital and traditional advertising including but not limited to on-air, display, print, OOH, paid social, performance and digital media channels.
• Comfortable in a test-and-learn environment.
• Ability to influence direction on a wide range of department issues.
• Possess strong decision-making skills.
• Creative thinker with strategic and analytical prowess.
• Detail oriented with strong project management skills.
• Ability to operate with significant autonomy and discretion.
• Ability to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment.
• Ability to gather, analyze, interpret and apply a wide range of data.
• A respected and trusted colleague able to build relationships quickly with internal and external stakeholders.
• A highly effective collaborator and influencer with the ability to work with a wide range of personality types.
• Strong financial acumen and knowledge of financial processes.
• An excellent listener and communicator with a high EQ.
• Focused and driven to excellence at the accomplishment of all tasks.
• Embraces accountability.
• Exemplary team player and collaborator.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site