Associate Counsel - Privacy
New York, NY
CBS Interactive is looking for a motivated, detail-oriented individual to join our Legal Department as a Contract Specialist. This position offers the opportunity to support a wide range of businesses and operations at CBS Interactive by reviewing, drafting, and negotiating a variety of media and technology agreements such as content and data licensing agreements, master SaaS agreements, order forms, NDAs, as well as advising on various legal issues. The ideal candidate has relevant experience in an in-house legal department supporting sales and/or procurement operations. We will also consider paralegals with relevant experience in contract drafting and negotiation.
• Work with legal team to review, draft, and negotiate licensing and service agreements with various businesses of CBS Interactive. Advise on contractual risks related to data privacy, IP ownership/control, and liability for infringement claims.
• Support advertising operations, the information security group, and IT team by reviewing, drafting, and negotiating agreements with vendors providing various technical services - including hosting and cloud storage services, communication services, software licenses, and consulting services.
• Support various editorial operations with reviewing, drafting, and negotiating independent contractor agreements, production service agreements, general filming and location releases, content licensing, distribution, and other partnership agreements.
• Review and draft responses to various legal claims (including DMCA claims)
• Manage the contract lifecycle from initial approvals through renewals and/or termination
• Assist and support the CBS Interactive Legal Department with legal matters as needed.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• B.A. or B.S. degree and/or paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved program.
• 3+ years of experience at a large law firm or in-house legal department.
• Exposure to the Internet, media, and technology industries required.
• Ability to read and understand contractual terms and strong experience in reviewing and negotiating contracts required.
• Experience working on Media, IP and Technology issues preferred.
• Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and business judgment.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Ability to work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, prioritize time-sensitive tasks, and work across organizational and geographic boundaries.
• Able to learn and apply new information, skills, and procedures.
You might also have -
• Proficiency in Google Apps/GSuite and Salesforce.com preferred.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site