Senior Technical Program Management Lead
Santa Monica, CA
Hulu’s Platform Services Engineering team is seeking a Director of Software Development to lead the teams that build and deliver the Hulu streaming experience. You will collaborate with Product, Operations, Infrastructure, Quality, Program Management, and other development teams to deliver highly available services, workflows, and features. Your teams will deliver an end-to-end experience for millions of viewers - from ingest of linear and live event video content and metadata, packaging and normalization, content management, protection, and workflow, playback access, and content delivery. The ideal candidate has led development teams to success, led technology efforts to reach business goals, and worked cross-functionally with teams dealing with scale, workflow, content preparation & management. If you're passionate about content pipelines and workflow at serious scale, and interested in changing the landscape of television, we'd love to meet you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Engineering ownership of Hulu’s Live Video Pipeline, Content Management and Metadata, Play Access / Manifest generation, and Content Delivery management services.
• Recruit and grow a talented team of software engineers and engineering managers to build best-in-class availability, performance, and experience.
• Spearhead the technology efforts around our video streaming experience; serve as a lead stakeholder across the business in associated projects.
• Collaborate closely with product and program managers, architects, operations, research, and design in an open, creative environment.
WHAT TO BRING
• 10+ years of experience leading teams to build groundbreaking backend-services, workflows, and tooling at scale
• Experience and strong passion for building complex services and workflows that are performant, secure, highly-available, and cost-conscious
• Strong coaching skills and long-term career guidance for managers of managers through dev leads and individual contributors
• Independent, energetic, highly technical, and capable of driving for results under pressure and ambiguity
• Strong organizational, leadership, collaboration, and communication skills, capable of working well with teams both local and remote
• Experience leading multiple teams working on a large surface area, attracting talent, and establishing a positive and diverse culture
• Proven track record of shipping large-scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams using Agile methodologies
• Experience with video streaming technology and platforms
• Working knowledge of content metadata and management workflows
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• Experience managing cloud and data-center strategy, including costs, capacity, availability, and migration
• Deep knowledge of video and metadata standards including MPEG, SCTE, DASH, HLS, DRM (widevine, playready, fairplay)
• Experience developing and manging teams with codebases in Java, Go, Python, and C, with a CI/CD workflow
• Experience with orchestration (kubernetes) and scaling of services and databases with in the cloud and datacenter
• Experience with Content Delivery, public internet routing, protocols, and quality-of-service challenges at scale