Sr Machine Learning Engineer
The Video Technology Group develops industry-leading online and mobile video delivery systems and IP for CBS.com, CBSSports.com, CBS News, CNET, GameSpot.com, and the entire suite of CBS Interactive sites. Our team is responsible for the delivery of premium content to millions of people every day. We set company-wide video standards and help internal business units integrate the video delivery stack into their specific online products. Additionally, the team serves as the company's information resource on current and future trends in digital video. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in doing high-visibility, mission-critical work.
The Video Processing team works within the central Video Technology Group responsible for overseeing video processing and publishing workflows. The Video Processing team focuses on building and maintaining video encoding platforms for on-demand and live streaming workflows along with corresponding integrations with CMS and publishing pipelines. The group works across the video ecosystem to enable all CBSi business units to deliver high-quality video through the use of cutting-edge technologies for maximizing user engagement and revenues.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is passionate about enabling modern, high-quality media delivery using a combination of in-house and off-the-shelf technologies. You'll work closely with fellow engineers building and supporting our set of shared media services. You'll be crucial in the team's process when translating high-level requirements into maintainable, efficient, and scalable self-healing solutions. This role will have an extra focus on maintaining and extending our encoding orchestration platform and its integrations. You'll be working with vendors and in-house teams on new integrations while continuously improving our current integrations as our external partners evolve their platforms.
• Maintain and improve our encoding orchestration platform along with 3rd party integrations while implementing efficient greenfield functionality for our various VOD/VOD-to-Live workflows
• Build out cloud-based services to support in-house video transcoding and packaging workflows
• Implement external 3rd parties to augment our capabilities where strategic (i.e. transcoding, automatic captioning, DRM providers and more)
• Encourage an engineering culture that promotes test-driven development and code coverage
• Set up, implement and maintain continuous delivery and integration strategies across services and projects
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• 5+ years of experience designing and implementing maintainable and pragmatic software solutions, with a background in cleanly integrating third-party services
• A passion for building intuitive, maintainable APIs that simplify complexity for users
• Strong knowledge of C, Go or similar systems-level programming language
• Experience with cloud technologies, preferably AWS and GCP
• Strong communication skills working with vendors and customers to enable new functionality
• Experience with technical writing and design documentation
You might also have -
• Familiarity with streaming protocols like HLS & MPEG-DASH or a desire to learn
• Familiarity with modern encoding techniques with a wide variety of codecs and use cases
• Previous experience with video processing services like AWS Elemental MediaConvert/MediaLive, Bitmovin, Hybrik
• Experience deploying and scaling microservices using Kubernetes
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site