The Promotions Producer will be a highly motivated and creative individual. This position will be responsible for producing effective on-air promotional spots, digital marketing and special projects.
• Work closely with Promotion Manager to conceive, write, produce, and edit compelling on-air promos, daily news topicals and image campaigns either independently or as a team
• Work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and ensure that assigned projects are delivered on time
• Push the creative envelope to new heights while adhering to brand guidelines
• Tag syndicated promos, network promos, and sponsored promos on a routine basis
• Manage promotion inventory on daily station logs
• Perform other related duties, as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Minimum 1 year of on-air promotion experience as a writer/producer/editor for a local station or cable network working in a news environment
• Must have ability to work daytime/evening hours regularly and flexible hours including weekends when needed
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Must be able to provide a reel of work examples -- include a web address with your resume or cover letter.
• Strong non-linear editing skills
• Extensive knowledge and proven experience in Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop
• Passion for strong image and promotion writing
• Possess strong video production skills
• Working knowledge of lighting and audio gear
• Knowledge of social media platforms
• Possess excellent communication, presentation, organization and time management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully interact with all departments
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site