VFX Production Coordinator
Moving Picture Company
Remote / Virtual
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN LONDON
MPC Episodic opens the world of award-winning, industry defining VFX tools and talent to streaming and episodic showrunners globally.
From pitch to delivery, from Virtual Production techniques to the latest in photo-real CG character development, from the most minute detail to epic earth-shattering effects, MPC Episodic delivers new levels of expertise to episodic VFX.
MPC is home to brave creators who are eager to combine innovation, craft and creativity to bring entirely different ideas and experiences to audiences everywhere. Working at MPC is where passion and purpose come together; we support new ways of thinking to empower talent as we continue to lead the industry.
Join the MPC Episodic team
A Data Capture TD is responsible for capturing and organising all data from a movie shoot. This data will be used significantly within MPC by all departments.
The Data Capture TD must be an experienced photographer who has knowledge of the VFX pipeline and how each department uses captured reference material. Additionally, they will have experience working on film sets and are able to work as part of the shooting crew.
The artists responsibilities will be split between on set work and as part of the Data Capture team at MPC.
Onset responsibilities – working with our clients
• To work with the VFX/CG supervisor to ensure that all sets / actors are marked up appropriately for matchmove/rotoAnim purposes
• To advise on the placement and direction of witness cameras and their operators
• To be proficient on set with the use of a Total Station to survey the set ensuring that all required data is captured.
• To cover reference photographs of the set and camera setups
• To capture modelling, texture and lighting references of all practical sets, as required.
• To setup MPCs photobooth and capture modelling and texture reference of props and characters.
• To cover camera data collection when required
• To liaise with the client VFX team to ensure we are all capturing data to MPCs requirements and specifications.
• To help the client VFX team as an additional pair of hands as required
• To be efficient with their work and to not hold up any of the shooting crew.
In office responsibilities
• Backing up and organising data captured on shoots.
• Communicating and distributing shoot data to relevant departments.
• Processing data from shoots.
• Help maintain shoot kit.
• Help maintain, research and develop workflow processes including training documentation.
• Help plan upcoming shoots.
Data Capture TD essentials:
• Knowledge of the VFX pipeline.
• Knowledge and experience of on set VFX practices.
• Indepth camera knowledge.
• Proficient with Canon EOS cameras and lenses.
• Knowledge of video cameras, frame rates and timecode.
• Knowledge of VFX software: Maya, Nuke, Agisoft Metashape, Autopano Giga.
• Set Surveying with Leica Total Station.
• Clear communication skills.
• Able to be self-sufficient as well as work as part of a team.
• Flexibility to travel and work abroad for extended periods of time.
• Clean UK driving license.
Any of the following technical skills is a bonus:
• Python and MEL scripting.
• Lidar scanning and processing.
• Proficient with RED, ARRI and Sony Production Cameras
Any of the following experience is a great advantage:
• Video engineering background.
• Imaging and colour science background.
Technicolor is home to the world's premiere portfolio of visual effects brands, services, and creative innovations. With locations that span the globe, and service offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project, we power premium content. Our diverse family of VFX brands includes: MPC, The Mill, MR. X, Mikros MPC Advertising, and Technicolor VFX. Each studio has their own unique approach to help storytellers create out of this world experiences.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site