Project Manager, International Tax Planning and Operations
Los Angeles, CA
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Finance team.
A little bit about our team:
Warner Records is a record label of iconic, culture-shaping music and entertainment, run by a fearless team of music obsessives. We are looking for a VP of Finance to join our team.
Why this could be your next big break:
This position will be the ''right hand'' to the CFO and be responsible for managing the team to perform the day to day operations of the label finance department including financial reporting, financial planning & analysis, strategic deal analysis, cash management and coordination with WMG Corporate Business Services.
Here you'll get to:
• Own the monthly financial close – involves coordination with various departments across the company, review of P&L, balance sheet and supporting schedules. Also includes analytical review of all revenue streams, margin costs, marketing, artists & repertoire investments and overhead with explanation of variances between results and projections.
• Lead the team in budget process and financial forecasting – supervise the preparation of the annual budget and monthly forecasts.
• Get involved in strategic deal analysis – Perform deal analysis with Business Affairs for prospective artist signings and analysis of existing joint venture and participation agreements, including review of related statements prepared by corporate business services.
• Responsible for day to day operational finance related to marketing, artist & repertoire costs, artist services (merchandise, touring, fan clubs) and label overhead activities.
• Responsible for ensuring proper internal controls are implemented at the label.
Rockstar candidates will:
• Have strong financial and analytical capabilities – an intuitive, strategic thinker
• Strong management skills and effective communication abilities
• Be comfortable with senior level executives across different areas of the company
• Be a highly organized person who thrives in a fast paced, ever transforming work environment
• Possess strong multi-tasking abilities
• Have experience managing a financial reporting team, works well with change and is a team player
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Degree in finance or accounting
• 10+ years of senior level financial and management experience
• Music industry experience
• Advanced MS Office skills
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG’s Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site